Saving Patches or Game Updates?

Is there a way to save patches and game updates to a flash drive?

The reason I am asking is there are already some games that are around 1 year old already that you can no longer get the game updates or patches.

So now I am stuck with games with no patches and no way to play some of them because of freezing or software issues that the update took care of. And I don't want to have the same thing down the road with games like Skyrim if my system goes bad or I for some reason have an issue.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Of course!...when you go into your memory on your xbox. You will see just like Call of Duty does, it'll say game update or such....Take all of your information from that game, includeing saved files....and put it onto a USB stick that is configured to your xbox, That way you can have it anytime you want. and any new updates or such if you have clicked on that should automatically go there onto your USB stick, if not then just do the same thing and keep putting your saved files with that. I hope this helps you!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Actually, I'd like to clarify here. Most game updates are stored in the system cache, meaning that they can't be accessed or moved individually. However, I would like to assure you that any Xbox 360 game you play should still be supported by the service, meaning that the update will be available for download at any time.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.