Saving Cars?

I just dropped about $70,000 on a car that is not my character's original car. I want to keep it around, seeing as how I spent so much money, but I don't want to just keep it in my garage and never use it. Is there a way to save cars (like in saint's row) or will I lose my car after I have been killed or it blows up? I know in the older GTA games, cars were generally single-use, but I figured that since you can spend over 100,000 on car modifications in this game, Rockstar would have included a feature to save/ more efficiently store them. Any help would be appreciated.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

As a level 5 forum user I would have expected you to know how to use the search, js...

If you have saved your car in multi-car garage and it blows up you should be able to retrieve it @ said garage, if you die or get busted it is in impound. If you abandon it during a mission then after the mission get into another car and drive away it will disappear. This is from what I have gathered. I can't personally confirm this however.

[quote user="JERFF FACE"]

As a level 5 forum user I would have expected you to know how to use the search, js...

If you have saved your car in multi-car garage and it blows up you should be able to retrieve it @ said garage, if you die or get busted it is in impound. If you abandon it during a mission then after the mission get into another car and drive away it will disappear. This is from what I have gathered. I can't personally confirm this however.

[/quote]Sorry, but everyone who says this must mean something else, because I know for a fact the search function on this site is utter trash, I just tied using it and typed in "Save cars in GTA V" And guess what...nothing came up. Geez you people.

LOL! There are literally 2 or 3 posts about this very topic on the first couple of pages of the forum. It's all good, man. I was just poking at you, nothing personal mate.

It's been a while since I have used the forums. My bad.

So there's no guarantee that I will be able to keep my car? I'm using it as Trevor, so I only have one slot in my garage. Does that mean that it won't return to the garage?

Also, do you know if all of my modifications will remain unlocked if I were to bring a different car of the same make to the customs shop?

[quote user="FrostinMyFlakes"]

It's been a while since I have used the forums. My bad.

So there's no guarantee that I will be able to keep my car? I'm using it as Trevor, so I only have one slot in my garage. Does that mean that it won't return to the garage?

Also, do you know if all of my modifications will remain unlocked if I were to bring a different car of the same make to the customs shop?

[/quote]

Isn't there a multi-car garage per character in Los Santos or is that just something I got for my collectors edition? I Believe the customization is per car, not per car type. I wouldn't pull out your expensive "suped" up car to go to a mission. Seems like they are more for free roaming.

I was never introduced to a multi-car garage in my game, so it may be a collector's edition exclusive. A saints row-esc garage would have been awesome, but I guess Rockstar wants you to blow through your in-game cash. :/

Anyway, thanks for the replies. I guess I'll just drive a little more carefully. 

I've saved custom cars at the safe house garage and the larger garage in Los Santos then quick saved. After that I took a custom car from the garage (either garage) and blew it up on purpose. I haven't seen any cars that have been blown up come back to either garage, it seems once it has blown up it's gone.

-

If you lose or leave a car somewhere it ends up in the impound and you can retrieve it from there, but every car that has blown up on me has NOT come back.

-

EDIT: I don't have the collectors or special edition and I have access to the garage. Just look for it on the in-game map. Each character has their own in a different location and will be displayed by their color on the map. NOTE: only the selected characters garage will show up.

I have blown up cars and got them back from my Multi-car garage... I save most there if I have put money into them.

[quote user="JERFF FACE"]

I have blown up cars and got them back from my Multi-car garage... I save most there if I have put money into them.

[/quote]Is there an option to "save" the car there? I have just been parking it inside.