Saving another player's multiplayer Minecraft map to my Xbox live account on Xbox windows 10 edition

My friend and I spent hundreds of hours playing on his Minecraft map. While he was exploring or doing whatever he was doing, I stayed focused and built a pretty big castle in survival. It actually looks good too. My friend is the operator and owner of the map but is reluctant to make it a realm because he's either ridiculously stingy or just an [Mod removed profanity]. It's probably the latter becuase I offered to pay for half of what it would cost. It would only be like a few bucks between the two of us. We both have jobs and no expenses. Also, we both have our free trials, so technically it would not cost him a dime to make it a realm. 

You can see by now that I'm in quite the pickle and a little frustrated. Obviously, I don't want to make a big deal out of it becuase getting pissy that he isn't sharing the Minecraft world is extremely petty and would not make me look good. It's also a pain that I can only play when he is playing, but he plays by himself on the map all the time. He'll do all the big milestones like getting to the End while I can't play. So yeah, he sounds like a terrible person, but he's mostly a good friend. He just has his[Mod removed profanity] moments such as this one. 

Anyways, is there way for me to save a copy of it as a member of his map?

I'd love it if I could bypass the whole realm thing, since he's stubborn as hell. However, if it's a necessity then do we both need realms?

and if I am somehow able to persuade him to make a realm then I can just save and download it from there, right?

If there's more of a process to it, please let me know.  

It would be great too if Windows manually copies the map over to my account from his account themselves (I can send our gamer tags and the map name), but that's probably a security issue of some sort, which I understand. 

If Windows or the legendary community of Minecraft gamers cannot assist in this, then I could really use some advice on how to approach the problem with him. I'm sure he's going to get bored playing by himself, becuase our other friends do not play on his map as often as I do. My plan is to boycott the map until he helps me out and maybe he'll give in when he gets bored. I still want to know if that's the right move though becuase we've been friends for such a long time (ten years now) and this would be letting our friendship die over a game if I tell him I don't want to play on that map anymore. 

Thank you so much,

StiffyFungus 

One more thing, I made sure to take screenshots of all my buildings so I can replicate them later If I need to. That would be a last resort though. I would have to do it entirely again in survival to earn the achievements and use the buildings. 

Hello Stiffy Fungus,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. I don't play Minecraft myself, so I can only bring in information from the developers website. 

You can find their realms page here : Minecraft Realms

Along with their FAQ here : Minecraft Realms FAQ

I searched through both links, and there was no mention of being able to download other peoples realms. As far as getting a copy from Windows, that would be impossible as well since nothing is transferrable between accounts. This includes game saves. 

For more specific info regarding Minecraft, check out the Minecraft support site and official forums.

Hope this helps!

Happy Gaming!
Chris ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, you can't download other people worlds.  If you joined your friend world then they have to save it and it can't be transferred.  Now, i know you put into his world but maybe you should start your own.  This way you will be the sold owner it and your friend can join you.
Game on gamers��

34 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 17, 2024 Views 24,558 Applies to: