saved games

gta 5 will not load. Its now happened twice. the first time i was about 31% done with the game the second time 25%. in both cases i had no issue(at first) logging in and playing saved games and then it just stopped loading. I've noticed that when i don't sign into xbox live the game loads fine but i have to start from the beginning. when i am signed in and load the game it freezes on the loading screen or the rockstar logo screen. I tried not signing in and loading my saved game from the start menu inside the game but it freezes as soon as i login or right after i select my saved game. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Im having the same issue. My 360 freezes on the loading story mode screen. Ive tried deleting and using 3 of my previous saves and it will not work. It will only work if my 360 is unplugged from the internet and there are no saves on my hard drive making it start a new game

i finally got it to work.  not sure if it will work for everybody or not. i made sure i was signed out played the first few missions then saved it after franklin and lamar got back to the safe house after the first repo mission. i then loaded my old saved game which prompted me sign in. amazingly it didn't freeze and i was able to play where i left off at 31%