Saved Game Transfer for Dragon Age: Origins

My story is a bit of a long one, hopefully with some sort of a semi-happy ending.

I started playing Dragon Age: Origins on my friend's xbox 360 Elite, on my own Offline profile that I set up there, with avatar, etc. I enjoyed the game SO much that about 50% through I decided to not only buy the game and all expansions (hardcopy version) but also buy myself an xbox 360 S. So I get all this in the mail, and I sign up for my live account, etc. Everything is working fine.

I go to my friend's house and copy all my saved game files from Dragon Age to a USB drive and take it back to my own home, where I assume I'll just be able to transfer them to my new harddrive and continue playing my game.

But sadly, I get an error message that says that I cannot transfer my saved games to a new profile. So I read up on it and discover that for achievements and whatnot MS doesn't want people transfering saved games to live accounts, okay. So I try and make an Offline profile to transfer the saved games to (since I don't care a hoot whether I get achievements for this, I just want to play the game from where I have left off). But that doesn't work either.

Is there anything at all I can do? Is it possible to transfer an offline profile from one xbox to another, if you never intend to make it LIVE? I don't mind if I have one profile just to finish this game, and another one for all my future games with xbox live.

I don't particularly want to have to finish this game at my friend's house. Since the deciding factor that pushed me to purchase the xbox right now, was that I would be able to play this game in my own home.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Take a flash drive over to your friends house and move your offline profile onto the flash drive.  Then take it back to your house and put it on your xbox.  Problem solved.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you! I will try this. Is there any order in steps, or can I just transfer the profile and saved games all at once from the flash drive?

Sorry this didn't help.

You've got it.  Just transfer the stuff you want.  Once it's all on the jump drive it's easy to put on the drive in your system.  I would recommend keeping your profile on the drive though just in case you travel to play at your friends house a lot.

Sorry this didn't help.