save your save

so bioware is advising gamers not to delete their mass effect 3 save files after beating it...because apparently some people like to delete their saves. i'm a bit curious to know what their reason is to pop up and remind us to keep our saves, just over a month before the game comes out no less. could they be pushing even more post endgame dlc than me2, or are they hinting that the next series/trilogy could take some stuff from this trilogy? 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

If it was for endgame DLC... I'd be interested in what they could come up with, as they're more or less making Mass Effect 3 to be the 'end all, be all'. Speaking for myself, I still have my original save file for Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 (not to mention my original save files for earlier RPG's/games), but the idea you raised BootstrapGolem about another series/trilogy, does sound interesting. I wonder if it'd be a carry over save system like in the Suikoden games by Konami (where certain events in one game, with the save file, have extra effect in sequels... or the most notable, carrying over your main character from one game to another in a cameo role), or like what we have in Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age: Awakening and Dragon Age II.

-

Still... the Mass Effect universe is huge so there's plenty of room for another game/trilogy/series...

The trilogy is over that's for sure with how the game ends. More than likely the save game files are going to be used for a spinoff. My guess is for extra money / items at the start.

True Bon3zz1001, Shepard's story is over with Mass Effect 3... but there's room more to be done in that universe.

There was no doubt in my mind that ME would continue after the story of Shepard. This news about keeping save data is great though, I hope it does tie into a spin off or sequel.

It would be nice to be able to pick your race and class if there was going to be a new game after ME3, like there was in Dragon Age. Then there would be so many playthroughs and stories.

dlc cough, oh sorry I do have a bit of a head cold atm.

I do this (kept ME1 and ME2 obviously), so I shall keep it then.

My only doubt that your save file would be needed for another ME game is that most major Developers are now moving onto their 'next-gen' titles that will start releasing at the end of next year.

-

Bioware may squeeze another ME title out before then but it's more likely DLC or the next Xbox will have the ability to read the current Xbox's save files.

the Xbox 720's earliest release year is 2014 at this point. so next year won't be when the "next-gen" titles start releasing. MS is making way too much money off of the 360 and Kinect hardware atm to cut these systems off (the Kinect could obviously still be a carry over to the next xbox). while MS (and Sony) have both been working on the new systems, its still early (as far as profitability of the two systems go) to hack them off and start with new ones (that would be loss leading). and MS probably wants to get an HD7900 chipset for the GPU (they used the HD2900 chipset iirc for the 360) in the 720 and gpus with that chipset was just released from the varying manufactruerors.

they may (very small chance) announce the 720/PS4 at E3 this year but it wouldn't be anything more than a teaser if they did but even that wouldn't serve much purpose other than to possibly stifle this years christmas sales.

with all that said I could easily see them releasing another ME game before the next gen comes out as they would already have started work on it.

they could also do something like what sony did and release a memory card reader to transfer saves from ps2 to ps3...