Save Your money

Cheap knockoff of Outlaw golf. Instead of trying to make a fun game I believe Microsoft asked for the easiest game they could get to make fast cash. Characters could have been made with more unique personalitys and swings instead their all generic with few differing qualities. The clubs could have been unlocakable with level up instead of a random chance from a roll of the cards. You dropped the ball on this one Microsoft. Just my opinion but do yourself a favor and DONT buy this game...........

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I am having a lot of fun with this game... if they add live multiplayer and more courses it's a sure winner...

I thought it was  a great deal fro $20. It is not as good as hot shots or anything but a fun game none the less. I agree some things could be better but I think they went for the "rpg" aspect of random "loot" unlocks on purpose. It is a game design choice that some of us will not like but will have to live with to play the game. I also like the idea of more courses through dlc. I look forward to getting some more time in with this game.

I just want a fun game to play, is it not that??

I don't own an XBox One, but I'm watching the reaction to this game.  I'm curious how the so-called "Rivals" mode plays out.  If you opt to play a Rivals round, do you have the option to play out a turn-based round using golf's "order of play" rules against your Rival's character (wichever of the six available they've chosen)?  Further, if you play a Rivals round, do you know what the final score is of the Rival before you play the round?  That would take too much of the mystery and drama out of it, IMO, if that's the case.  

Hi J, how are you? If you play a Rivals round you do know the Rival players final score, both stroke and EX earned, before you start. It is a turn based round but the Rival avatar can be reduced to click, click, click for set, shoot, result and then your turn. Not a major golf game by any means but the physics are OK, it was available Day One and it hasn't had a crash or glitch on my XB1. Like BlaydonRaces says, I just want a fun game to play. It is fun.

Thanks for the reply Jayadub, and it's been a while since we last engaged on the links... I'm still trying to get the bad taste of Tiger 14 out of my mouth!  I know  in Tiger 10, I would search for 18 hole challenges on gamernet and I could cover up part of the screen to cover where the score would be for the player I was taking on. Once I got past a certain point, I could play the entire round without knowing what their final score was.  It was pretty cool.  Would this be possible in Powerstar?

I haven't made a next-gen decision yet, but I'm leaning heavily towards the PS4 if Drive Club and other prominent racers support the current Fanatec wheels.  I've got too much invested in my rig to not get to use it with next-gen racing games.  I know for a fact the One isn't going to support it.

OTOH, the only next-gen games I badly want right now are Forza 5 (although I can't imagine how long I could stand playing Forza with a thumbstick while my $850 racing cockpit is stting 5 feet away from me) and Powerstar Golf.  By the time Drive Club comes out in February, I"ll have my answer.  

No you can't really hide the score but I don't really mind knowing what I have to shoot. Sort of like Links golf where you knew the score beforehand in tournament mode. I guess that as the player cards were shown you could turn your head or something and click through.

I hadn't really given it much thought, but will look at this and let you know if hiding part of the screen is an option. Even if you don't know the round score though the scoreboard shows the EX earned at every shot update for the player who is active but shows the total round accumulation for the Rival players. So if you earn 500 points on the first and 700 on the second hole you have 1200, but you would see that player 2 has 6970 for all 9 holes or XXXX for whatever the set criteria is such as Par 5 holes at amateur or elite .

Yeah if I had that much invested in a rig like that I would want to use it as well

I like it. Its fun and challenging.  I wish they did have true online MP.

It's a great deal for $20. Definitely worth the price so far. You really don't need to buy anything else in the game. The only missing is more courses. golfers, caddies and online multiplayer tournaments.

I'm personally loving this game, each to their own I suppose though.