San Andreas

I bought GTA San Andreas, an Xbox original, I have followed ALL instructions, and  it still doesent work. I do not want my money back, I just want the game to either work, or have my 1200 MS points back. Can anybody please help me?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Have you got the official hard drive for your console and what errors come up when you try to play?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeas, I have an Xbox hard drive (250gb) and it just says that game cannot be played.

Sorry this didn't help.

Is this hard drive an official Xbox 360 hard drive or did you buy one from an auction site such as eBay?

Sorry this didn't help.

so ive had several chats with microsoft reps. and if clearing your cache reloading your gamer profile or deleting the latest update didnt work your pretty much out of luck, i contacted rockstar about this and they suggest downloading several demos then redownloading gta, i think the idea of this is to write the game on an unused portion of hard drive im on my second download right now prob. end up putting 10gb of useless stuff in my xbox to see if this works i'll post in a few hours with an update note* this is only viable to users with 250gb hard drives as a 4g has prob. been written over already....come on microsoft you seriously that short on money?

Sorry this didn't help.

you'll all notice that gta san andreas can be found on this list and that i've found forums dating back almost 2 years of this same problem, your killin me xbox support.xbox.com/.../play-original-games

Sorry this didn't help.

Alright downloaded dirt showcase, final fantasy, golden eye, grid, nail'd, saints row, tropico 4, birds of steel, and sniper elite. over 10 gb of demos..shut off x box and cleared cache then re installed san andreas.....still a waste of time, microsoft this is not on my end i purchased my 360s w/ kinect retail with microsoft components its all your hardware its all new and its never let me down before all these demos work but my purchased program doesnt work?  apparently they worked before the dashboard was updated so that tells me they are still able to work on my machine. stop passing the buck on this one please!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Stinkfinger16 - thank you for your post. Can you describe your issue in a little more detail? Has this game ever been able to work on your console? What specifically have you tried? Please be as detailed as possible so that we can best help! Thanks! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey first time posting here, they're not the only ones experiencing this problem, I had bought this game from the market place 2 months ago and since then been trying to download it every day since then It goes to the active downloads menu it pends for a minute or 2 then starts downloading right away at 1% it stays like for awhile and after that moment is up it's still at 1% and a message pops up saying can not download Grand Theft Auto SA .  I tried all of the tips that have been posted in the support forum but still nothing this is not the users problem, it's a problem with Microsoft. please I just want to play this game haven't played it since I got rid of my OG Xbox or you can refund my points for anoter game

Sorry this didn't help.

If you get the error message "The game could not start. Please download the game again. For more help, go to www.xbox.com/support." Then I suggest you follow solution 1 on this website support.microsoft.com/.../en-us and hopefully it will solve the problem for you.

Xbox Ambassador.

Sorry this didn't help.

if this helps you form the newest update old games save to the system items mayb you have a broken download in there i had the same trouble after redownloading this to my new xbox

Sorry this didn't help.