San Andreas

I recently purchased San Andreas from the marketplace, and when it finished downloading i tried to play it. I suddenly got backed out and it showed a game error that it couldnt start and to try to download it again. So i did i thought it was just something small had happened, but now this has been the 7th time i have redownloaded the game praying that it would work.

Any one have anny solutions to this problem? help me out please.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Go to System Settings>Memory, then press Y and select clear cache. Restart the console and then go to your Download History and re-download the content.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Did you get it working? I'm having the same problem and have tried countless times

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there DoNtFlAmE666!  We'll get it behaving for you if we can!  Please start a fresh thread detailing the exact error you see.  Please also include what model of console you have currently.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the exact same problem.  A new Slim 4GB Xbox (bought last November) upgraded with a 250GB HDD which is working perfectly with save games and DL'd apps and game demos.   This is my first purchase and I know its an old Xbox game but it just won't run and that's pretty poor for something that's just cost me £10-12.  

No error message beyond the one given in the first post - "The game could not run - please try downloading again".  I have now wiped the main cache twice, forced a reinstall of the latest dashboard  update and DL'd the game three times.  Exact same result - "The game could not run".

Grateful if someone from MS could look into this please!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Baldrick. What game is it exactly? Also, have you tried downloading it to another storage device, such as a USB flash drive? Let us know, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

The game is GTA: San Andreas as per following link - marketplace.xbox.com/.../66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80254540841

The game DLs and then shows under "My Games" but with no Cover Art displayed. And every time I try to run it I just get the same "the game could not run please try downloading it again" message - No error code - just that same message.

I'll try to DL it onto a memory stick tonight but at 2.8GB this is getting really tiresome...

Sorry this didn't help.

Tried DLing again. No change. This game will only install to a Hard Disk so USB memory stick is not an option and I don't have another drive to test with the console.

I realise the game states - No Refunds - but is there any mechanism where I can request a refund of the points?

I can't play it - I have never once been able to play it - and at this stage I'd rather not waste any more time on this.

Sorry this didn't help.

There is no way to officially download "partition 2" from Xbox Live.  What you have done is considered both hardware and software modification and could possibly lead to a console ban.  Talking about this in the forums could also lead to a forum ban.

Sorry this didn't help.

Apologies to anyone I've offended with my last post. I can only plead ignorance and say I'm happy for a moderator to delete my posts if they break any forum rules. My new Xbox and MS hdd weren't working properly and I was just trying to find a solution. Using the official update xex shouldn't break any rules and might be enough to help someone struggling with compatibility  issues.  If even that suggestion is verboten then please just delete all my posts. I won't be commenting further.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Silky, am I missing something?  I don't see anything in this thread about Partitions, nor any deleted posts from baldrick45 about that either.

@baldrick45 You can contact phone or official chat support to see if they would be able to make a refund, or we'd be happy to keep troubleshooting for you!  Was the upgraded HDD you bought an official Microsoft one, or a different aftermarket model?

Sorry this didn't help.