San Andreas "Disc Read Error" in game.

I've done all of the steps mentioned by several other people in This thread right here have.  Nothing has changed, I get to the same part of this mission every time and I get the same error. Cache cleared, redownloaded, put on another hard drive, deleted everything, the entire nine and it happened again. I've already speculated that it is the file itself, or something that has to do with the way the 360 is reading the data itself, but I'm no expert. I should've read the forums before purchasing this to save me the money. This is a bummer, and a definite deterrent from me ever purchasing an 'Xbox live original' via download again. I know that the response I'm going to get is the whole 'thanks for the post! We'll try to help you' stuff I saw on the other thread, but I suppose something is better than nothing. To anybody else reading though - I don't suggest you download this title (or any others if this is a potential issue) for the time being until this gets rectified. The funny part about 'no refunds' is that if you get stuck in a situation like this you're at the whim of the publishing service. It certainly is a learning experience, one that won't be repeated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Hey there, Shad0wDoGG. When did you last download the game? If it's been a while can you please try uninstalling and reinstalling it? I'd be interested to know what size the file is after doing this. Thanks in advance! Let us know your progress.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The San Andreas file without any game saves is 2.9 GB on my 360, it stays the same even after redownloading it. Sorry for the late reply, I just decided to not think about it for a while. I'd really like to enjoy the game though.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Shad0wDoGG, I am sorry for the experience! We're working toward a resolution for this issue. Can you tell me the file size you've been downloading and playing for GTA: SA? This will help our teams look into the error at hand. Thank you for your participation in the investigation!

@Hey Austin! As I've requested in multiple threads - Can you please create your own post in this forum detailing your concern? The steps you've tried? And the file size you've been downloading/playing? Standing by for your new thread. :) 

Sorry this didn't help.

its a bit ridiculous. same prob. apparently all I bought was a headache and a menu option that takes me nowhere

Sorry this didn't help.