same problem anti priacy update

I have had the same problem, Disk 1 Installed ok Disk 2 stops at 44%. I could still play the game but when a mission ends with disk 2 in the drive it will freeze at the loading screen. I went and got a replacement for disk 2 and the same thing still happens. After looking on the net the problem seems to be related to an anti-piracy update " dae.bin being updated" and has affected other new games as well.

If this problem is not fixed I may as well put my 360 in the rubbish and get a PS3 but not before getting my money back for the game and for a console that Microsoft
has effectively broken.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Since you said Disc 2 stops at 44%, I'm assuming you mean when you went to install it to your hard drive and it stops there. When you got the replacement disc did you attempt to install it again or did the same issue occur regardless if you had it installed? Such as running from the disc itself.

Does this issue happen with any other game that you have and/or have installed?

If the issue is persistent, and only if, among other games and not just Mass Effect 3 then it could be a problem with your 360's optical (DVD) drive. But before assuming that, it might be worth it to post this issue in the Xbox Support Forum, here.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Disregard the last sentence in my post, as this has already been moved to the right forum.

Sorry this didn't help.

this only happens for me with Mass Effect 3 all my old games work fine. Disk 1 will install fine, Disk 2 will not install stopping at 44% even after replacing disk 2 with “a new one” it gets to 44% and will stop with dirty disk error , for some people it has been disk 1 that has had this problem, others have reported  dirty disk error when playing the game or freezing at loading as I have experienced and again as in my case it only effects ME3, other games play fine, so it’s not the disk drive with the problem, not directly anyway. Also it sounds like this  problem  has happened before in MW3 “dirty disk errors” .  Let make it clear that this is happening to a lot of people not just a few and on new consoles as well.

Sorry this didn't help.

same problem or a new problem. [View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aklwB354Oo&context=C45526ebADvjVQa1PpcFNcQwpYqoJEiz7jJCiiyy501zMJQr14f0M=]

Sorry this didn't help.

Just found a work around to my problem to play disk 2, I need to disconnect from the net (NOT SIGN OUT) but just turn off my router. Must be an Xbox live or EA account bug. Dam do they have such a thing as QA anymore? , I still cannot install disk 2 but this is not as bad as I can play the game now. I am disappointed in the lack of support for customers, we don’t need updates that make game disks hard to read and we don’t need games that have not been properly tested and are in fact unplayable in certain conditions, small bugs are tolerable game braking bugs are not.

Sorry this didn't help.

I hate this problem

Sorry this didn't help.

Although I can now load the game with disk 2 in the drive It still freezes after doing the “Attican Traverse the rachni” mission  it gets past all the dialog stuff then just freezes, also bits of the audio go as well, I also noticed the disk going idle during the dialog. I am now going to stab my Xbox and ME3 Disk 2 with my inflatable Omni blade and see if that sorts it out.

Sorry this didn't help.

Although I can now load the game with disk 2 in the drive It still freezes after doing the “Attican Traverse the rachni” mission  it gets past all the dialog stuff then just freezes, also bits of the audio go as well, I also noticed the disk going idle during the dialog. I am now going to stab my Xbox and ME3 Disk 2 with my inflatable Omni blade and see if that sorts it out.  

Sorry this didn't help.

EA / BioWare are working on a patch it will be out at the end of the month, lets hope they fix this disaster

Sorry this didn't help.