Same ol' Magic in Ranked antics

is it me or is 75+% of the time ranked games are hosted or played its Ancient Depths? i swear ive hosted ONE match and 8 out of 10 times its Ancient Depths.  ppl lets try to have a variety here, there ten decks, this ancient depths is just turning into another vamp annoyance for ranked games.  i would like to have a competitive time with a variety and not the same ol' thing.  ppl lets have a competitive game not repetitive game... im sick of it.  ancient depths = master of shadows?  no ppl.... no.... bad ppl.... bad lol

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Fortunately, 75% of the people who play Ancient Depths also seem to play it terribly and/or have a suboptimal build.  You could always just metagame against it.  Koth's deck is pretty solid, with it's Act of Treasons and Cerebral Eruption.  

Personally, I like the deck; ramp's been my favorite archetype for many, many years.  

Honestly did you really think things would be different?  Even though it is watered down Magic, it is still Magic.  There will always be deck types that are stronger than others, and as a result they will always be played more than others.  In addition people will gravitate to a new archetype. Either way if you are sick of this kind of thing you may want to devote your attention to other ganes.  I do not say this to be a jerk, rather to let you save some frustration.  The dominance/preference for particular decks has always been part of Magic--that is it part of this more limited form of the game is not surprising.

Ancient Depths is a fun and powerful deck, but I don't think it's overused or even overpowered for that matter, especially in a 20 life format. I usually switch to either Vamps or Artifacts if I see A-Depths.

Speaking of Metagame, what's with showing the deck in the lobby? It's often a battle to change decks quickly before the host launches... but at least you know you're not against the deck you hate the most, whatever that may be.

[quote user="XPLODOII"]

Ancient Depths is a fun and powerful deck, but I don't think it's overused or even overpowered for that matter, especially in a 20 life format. I usually switch to either Vamps or Artifacts if I see A-Depths.

Speaking of Metagame, what's with showing the deck in the lobby? It's often a battle to change decks quickly before the host launches... but at least you know you're not against the deck you hate the most, whatever that may be.

[/quote]

So you are asking what is with showing the decks, yet you open the post by mentioning you switch if you see an AD deck?   Yes decks should not be shown, thought they learned this lesson from the first verision of the game.