Same decks in 2HG? Thought this was "against the rules"?

Mind you, if anything, it should be considered "poor form".

Old MTG:P used to have two players on the same side using the same deck "blocked".  (There were some exploiters who used a workaround, but it was still illegal).  With the introduction of 2012, I see alot of unskilled players using the same deck to try and get ahead in matches.

Mind you, using the same deck can cause more harm than good in some situations... but, more often than not, I see it being more of a cheap tactic that succeeds, especially in ranked matches.

I think that's where my concern lies... In ranked matches.  I don't really care what happens in unranked ones.  If some twerps play same deck, I'll either drop and move on, or just hit 'A' til its over.  Well, that's not true, either.  There's no FUN in playing against unskilled players looking for any unfair advantage they can get.  Its amusing when they fail, but in those cases, it was either so unchallenging as to be a joke, or so ridiculous that I wish I didn't waste my time.

So, Wizards... If you read this, and if you agree, re-block same deck 2HG matches. At least for ranked matches.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

[quote user="Ouglee"]

Mind you, if anything, it should be considered "poor form".

Old MTG:P used to have two players on the same side using the same deck "blocked".  (There were some exploiters who used a workaround, but it was still illegal).  With the introduction of 2012, I see alot of unskilled players using the same deck to try and get ahead in matches.

Mind you, using the same deck can cause more harm than good in some situations... but, more often than not, I see it being more of a cheap tactic that succeeds, especially in ranked matches.

I think that's where my concern lies... In ranked matches.  I don't really care what happens in unranked ones.  If some twerps play same deck, I'll either drop and move on, or just hit 'A' til its over.  Well, that's not true, either.  There's no FUN in playing against unskilled players looking for any unfair advantage they can get.  Its amusing when they fail, but in those cases, it was either so unchallenging as to be a joke, or so ridiculous that I wish I didn't waste my time.

So, Wizards... If you read this, and if you agree, re-block same deck 2HG matches. At least for ranked matches.

[/quote] Using terns like "unskilled players" and "cheap tactics" but then you go and say "There's no FUN in playing". Well, which is it for you? A game of skill and tactics or a game of fun?

Just because players are picking the same decks doesn't mean they're not having fun with the game so please kindly get over yourself. Worried about two Jace or Liliana decks? Pick their counters with a teammate of your own. 

Thanks for the reply, Ninja.  Even a troll's opinions are valued in forums this inactive.  (Attack my topic, not the way I put it forth).  Nice twist on the quotes from my original post...  But what makes you think skill/tactics is mutually exclusive to fun?  I'm sure ANYONE who turns on their xbox and loads a game is having fun.  Why else turn it on?  And I'm sure the fun is never ending for those who exploit game mechanics, hack their xbox's to allow for advantages, or troll forums looking for fights.... Why else would they do it? The false sense of superiority?

You'll also notice that even in this reply, I don't attack you directly.  I don't tell you to get over yourself, for example.  I DO quote your comments, and discuss their validity, so before you even attempt it, don't try to spin this around on *me*; attack the topic.

Finally, "Dropping to their level" (sic) is not a solution towards what I originally brought up.  It simply makes the problem more widespread.

I'm not sure if you were a player in the first console MTG game, but the same-deck exploit was a widely discussed EXPLOIT.  I'm looking to discuss it, not have my comments attacked in rude fashion.

I'm with Ouglee when I say: that's a awesome way to put someone in their place and that I agree that there is much more of it happening everyday.