Sales and Specials: Chain Reaction Offer Question

Under Sales and Specials app. in the Chain reaction section do you need to purchase offer 1 to unlock offer 2 even if you have already purchased what offer 1 is? To be specific the offers this week are 1-Uno, 2- Risk: Factions, 3-Carcassonne, 4-Full House Poker. Now I own offer 1-Uno and want to buy offer 2-Risk but its locked, so since i own the offer 1 does that mean I am screwed out of the other offers as well? I tried the "Get This" button on offer 1 but it tells me "sorry, this offer is currently unavailable."  I redownloaded the app and that didn't fix the problem. Anyone else having the same issues? Need Help Please.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

You will be able to get the deal if you already own one of the offers. If you're having trouble make sure it's installed, and try playing it before accessing the offer.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I just want to buy Uno and Risk, however I think the app must be broken because i've been trying every day since the deal went up to buy them. I keep getting the "sorry this deal is not currently available, check back later" message, so i don't know what's up. I hope that they fix it before they switch the deal. Last month's chain reaction deal was pointless for those of us who don't own Gears of War, I'm actually interested in picking up these games. has any one actually been able to purchase any thing from this Chain Reaction?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have been having the same issue.  I tried your solution, and still get the same error - "This offer is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Penguino Rojo"]

That doesn't make sense, why would they offer discounts on each item, letting you buy them 'in a chain' if you have to pre-own any of them?  Plus people are saying they already owned one of the games, had it installed, and the deal was still not working.

There is a global issue with the app that needs to be fixed so people can take advantage of these deals.  I don't believe this is anything we the users can do since I have yet to see anyone, anywhere, say they have been able to buy one of these deals thru the app

[/quote]

Well if that's the case, we will just have to wait for an update. 

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Sorry this didn't help.

I was curious about this myself.  Was hoping to buy Uno, skip Risk which I own, and buy Carcassone.  I figured this would work because A) Microsoft doesn't want to punish you for buying games, and B) Any price of any kind has always been replaced by "Download Again" if you've purchased the game.  But, I can't buy the 1st - currently unavailable.  Cleared my cache and no dice.  Glad I'm not the only one.  We're well into day 2 now, I'm hoping Microsoft can please fix this and not just assume that 0 people were interested in the deal since 0 purchases were made.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same issue. I already have UNO and want to get Risk, but the offer is not working. I have tried to delete UNO and then install it from the Sales & Specials app, and still get the same error. It would be very unfortunate for both us gamers and MS if we can't take advantage of the deals...

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey, I would try to delete Uno and then download it from the offer and see if that works. You shouldn't have to pay for it again since you already own it.

-

After you delete it, make sure it doesn't try to charge you points when you try to re-download Uno from the offer. If it does, just redownload it again for free under your download history.

-

Let us know if that works.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok now its back to Gears of War junk that Nobody wants! Come on XBL get you act together.

Sorry this didn't help.

I think it is a glitch. I thought it was fixed last week, but maybe they need another update to fix it.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Sorry this didn't help.

That doesn't make sense, why would they offer discounts on each item, letting you buy them 'in a chain' if you have to pre-own any of them?  Plus people are saying they already owned one of the games, had it installed, and the deal was still not working.

There is a global issue with the app that needs to be fixed so people can take advantage of these deals.  I don't believe this is anything we the users can do since I have yet to see anyone, anywhere, say they have been able to buy one of these deals thru the app

Sorry this didn't help.