Saint's Row without cheats

Does everyone play Saints Row using cheats?The last 4 or 5 times I played Saints Row 2 people have joined my online game while I was doing campaign missions.Each time I would try to save the game would tell me saves were disabled because someone in the game had a cheat enabled.I cant find where to disable cheats and its frustrating having to reload my saved games and replay the same missions over and over.I thought 360 games werent supposed to have cheats or this this game an exception?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Many 360 games have cheats put into them by the developer, this is perfectly allowed and most will disable achievements. The Lego games are the only ones I know of where you can use the in-built cheats and still get achievements.

-

In regard to Saints Row 2 you have to realise it was released nearly five years ago now. So most people would have completed it a long time ago and use the cheats to add a bit of fresh life to the game.

-

All you are going to be able to do is turn off randoms from joining your game and see if you can get some friends to help you with the co-op.

Have you tried, I don't know, not allowing people to join your game?

Remember when most games had cheats like this. Goldeneye had the best ones.

I never use cheats playing any Saints game...disables the achievements but i agree their are tons of people online that use these while playing saints games.@Isaac..nothing beats the old Contra cheats lol...i think i even see those cheats on T-Shirts.

I personally don't use cheats and never have for a 360 title.

[quote user="Mafivee"]

[/quote]

Same here. 

[quote user="voteDC"]

Many 360 games have cheats put into them by the developer, this is perfectly allowed and most will disable achievements. The Lego games are the only ones I know of where you can use the in-built cheats and still get achievements.

-

In regard to Saints Row 2 you have to realise it was released nearly five years ago now. So most people would have completed it a long time ago and use the cheats to add a bit of fresh life to the game.

-

All you are going to be able to do is turn off randoms from joining your game and see if you can get some friends to help you with the co-op.

[/quote]I completely forgot about this, I was wondering why I was almost 5-7  hours in that game an not received ONE achievement! gotta re-download that game one day an disable the cheat mode I guess, I wasn't even aware that it was activated as I surely didn't add any cheats.. GTA IV allows you to use cheats an still get achievements..

[quote user="Mafivee"]

[/quote]Not only have I not used cheats for a 360 title, I've not used cheats for any console/title or anything in life, if you have to cheat to enjoy what you are doing, you should not be doing it...

^

I can't remember the last time I actually used a cheat in a game.  Perhaps when I was a kid mucking around, other than that I prefer to play legit, I find it more satisfying that way.

i use cheats in saints row 2 all the time, since i got it on ps3 with sr3 and the ps3 version doesn't have trophies. uncharted 2 let you buy cheats after playing through on whatever difficulty, but only on that difficulty so you still had to play the game on crushing to get cheats for crushing. more games need to do that, or do the sr3 way with upgrades that are basically cheats.