Ryse Install Issue

So I got the new Xbox one day before yesterday. When installing Ryse, it was taking an unusually long time. It got stuck for a while and then finally let me in the game to start playing. While in the game, it says again installing and gets the red bar almost to the end and freezes. I left it like that overnight. This morning woke up and it was still at the same spot it was 8 hours earlier. So I thought I might have a defective disc. Went back and exchanged it for a new one. Uninstalled everything I had did the day before and started over and .....same thing. I know this is an Xbox One issue becasue the other two games I have installed fine. I have already tried disconnecting from wireless and hard booting and not reconnecting but that was a no go. The game goes into que and says I must have internet connected to complete. Anybody have any ideas?????

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 55 Applies to:

dont know if this will help but do you have your xbox live ports open?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes I do. I finally figured out what to do.  I let the game get to the same install and hit homeon the ccontroller and disconnected from the Internet.  Waited about 5 minutes restarted the xbox one and it finished the install.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.