Rush Winner ribbon

I've noticed something that seems to be a bit off, in my opinion. I joined a game just now and had just enough time to spawn and run about five feet before the final M-COM blew up and we won the game. Despite having contributed quite literally nothing to the game, I was awarded the Rush Winner ribbon and the 500 points that comes with it. Now don't get me wrong, I love points just as much as the next guy, but it seems slightly unfair that somebody who contributes nothing to the team gets the same reward as the guy who blew up 75% of the M-COMs.

I think this ribbon (And the Conquest/TDM variants) should only be awarded on one of two conditions (Or maybe even both):

1. If the player reached a certain minimum score during the game (1K+, 2K+, whatever the developers feel is fair). Any player who reaches less than this is just out of luck. Should've played harder.

2. If the player has been in the match from start to finish. MAYBE also let people who joined within the first 2-3 minutes have the ribbon.

I know a lot of people will think that this doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, but I really believe that players who don't contribute shouldn't be rewarded for it.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

A lot of that would be addressed if BF actually used some sort of lobby system and made it so you didn't join games in progress by default.  In this day and age, I can't believe they can still get away with that.

The lack of ability to talk to the other team before/after a match takes away from the personal aspect of the game.  I believe it's a major reason the COD series has been more popular in the past.  Granted, it's annoying all the smack talk, but gamers are competitive by nature, and I believe it's a failing of this series.

Doesn't really matter, you only got 200 points for the ribbon.

Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and file this one under not an issue. I've done this a few times...200 for 10 seconds? Mmkay.

I guess it would matter if it meant something. In any event I have joined plenty of games and spawned only to lose. I am not that good lol. I can't afford unearned losess. I would like to be able to talk to my team in between games, so we can have a larger plan, i.e. A sqd will take anti-vehicle or M-COM A, B Sqd supports A sqd. that kind of thing. I have no interest in having a CoD type conversation about how girls suck at FPS, antisemitism, and homophobia and the ol' stand by of "You're a N"

you obviously have no idea what your talking about,

join while game is in progress is annoying sometimes you win or lose but i rather get into a match and get a quick win or loss and then be in a full match next.

at least im never in the " wow i wish i had an even team" for more then 2 seconds with BF3.