RUMOR: Blops 2 to have new ranking system.

If They actually did the an included some sort of skilled ranking system I would buy this game day 1.

The industry is in dire need of a game that matches everyone of similar skill instead of the uneven slaughterfests that play just about every online shooter today.

the best part is if CoD is the one to implement it properly all other AAA shooters would likely follow suite which is a VERY GOOD thing. 

Never thought I'd be hoping for CoD to save the shooter genre... 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You mean like they do in Halo's ranking system?

^ Exactly so. At the very least, I'm intrigued if this will do away with the traditional XP based system.

It creates much more competitive matches amongst players of similar skill. I usually have not faired to well in this system due to my up and down game play. I will dominate 5 to 10 matches at a time then get bumped up in competition and rank at the same time then start to get smacked by the better competition then back down to a lesser skill level. Dominate then back up and quickly back down' It's a wash rinse repeat cycle with me.

It would make the game a lot more fun for us casual gamers to not get destoyed every game!

Very true Gear70.

What if your in a party with friends, and everyone is "ranked" differently? Can you not play together? I dont like that idea. Maybe have (1) ONE type of competetive playlist with gamemodes that do this, but COD is about getting together with some friends and shooting it up, whether your good or bad, or comp or not.

[quote user="UneasyJmitchell"]

What if your in a party with friends, and everyone is "ranked" differently? Can you not play together? I dont like that idea. Maybe have (1) ONE type of competetive playlist with gamemodes that do this, but COD is about getting together with some friends and shooting it up, whether your good or bad, or comp or not.

[/quote]
assuming it's similar to the way it was in Halo 2 and 3 it will just average out the ranks in your party and match another party of a similar average in ranks. 

This is really really good news. I have dreamed of having a skill-based style matchmaking (and ranking) for some sort of a competitive playlist. The problem with the competitive playlist in BO1 was that you would still go in there and pub-stomp as if it were a normal playlist. Now, however, we may be able to get some really entertaining games.

I wasn't that excited for BO2 before...now I am! GM here I come /SC2 reference

EDIT: I doubt this will be a ranking system used to unlock things. It's probably just for prestige. If it is in a competitive playlist, it will be likely that all of the unlocks are already available (assuming so since they are going this far to perfect the skill-based system).

It'd be a welcome change to the typical CoD structure. Better for casuals and competitive gamers.

[quote user="Mad Cow Dizease"]

It'd be a welcome change to the typical CoD structure. Better for casuals and competitive gamers.

[/quote]
exactly.