RTS

Seriously what's with the lack of RTS games on the Xbox 360. The lack of RTS games makes me a sad panda

But seriously we need some more variety to please gamers who are into more than just 1 or 2 genres.

Kings And Castles was the last RTS game that I was kind of looking forward too but I haven't really seen or heard much of it all in awhile and honestly I wouldn't even be surprised if it was cancelled or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB-Xdee1nN8

Oh well looks like I'll just suck it up.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Its hard to do RTS on the console.

Nothing beats the precision of a mouse.

RTS games can be tricky to put onto a console as they often require large amounts of actions to be taken in a short time which can be hard to do with a controller. Halo Wars is about the best example of a great control system on the Xbox, but the trade was it's rather lacking in depth.

I'd certainly recommend R.U.S.E as it manages to provide a good bit of depth without the controls getting fiddly. Also, Supreme Commander 2, even if it is a radically dumbed down version of Supreme Commander. Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 2 is also well worth checking out, but online play is no longer supported for that title.

Kane's Wrath is a good choice too. Nine factions and thirty MP and skirmish maps. The campaign is short at 12 missions, but if you want longer campaigns, grab Tiberium Wars. There's about 15 missions for each GDI and Nod campaign, and four missions for the Scrin bonus campaign.

The problem with RTS games on consoles are the controls, and the lack of developer support for balance and bug patches. Also, RTS games are never going to get anywhere on consoles unless developers drop the traditional "eye in the sky" approach.

EndWar was a good attempt at this, but the idea needs to be taken much further.

Or we could get wireless mouse and keyboard support from MS.

Yes! Comand and Conquer 3 is the best RTS on Xbox. Luckly, you can buy it on the XBL marketplace in games on demand here.

marketplace.xbox.com/.../66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024541080e

Imagine how good RTSs will be on the Wii U...

[quote user="RAW Keaka"]

Yes! Comand and Conquer 3 is the best RTS on Xbox. Luckly, you can buy it on the XBL marketplace in games on demand here.

[/quote]

Or you could go to Wal-Mart and get it for $10.

[quote user="CND AAA Beef"]

[quote user="RAW Keaka"]

[/quote]

Or you could go to Wal-Mart and get it for $10.

[/quote]

This is true. Allthough its more convenient to just buy it from the market place. Its a hell of a lot cheaper to just buy it at gamestop or wallmart...whatever floats ur turd....lol