RPGs like this?

I was looking for an rpg with big bosses, lots of weapons, and interesting skills (not all that pertain to combat). I looked at Hunters Demons Forge, someone said it had these, but are there any other games like this? I am getting tired of the same kind of rpgs coming out.

Thanks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

On console your choices are limited somewhat.  There's Sacred 2.  That's littered with bosses, has lots of weapons and has an abundance of skills (although I'm not quite sure what your definition of interesting skills are).

Not everyone liked Sacred 2 as it has a weak story and has other issues, but nothing that particularly bothered me.  Me, i loved it as it has a vast world to explore, tons of loot, lots of bosses and your own race specific mount that makesnavigating around the huge map a lot faster and easier.  It's similar to diablo insofar it's a hack n slash and has a good variety of trash mobs, which are fun to take out once you get your AoE skills.  Be warned though, the devs went bust, so the game is unsupported and does have some problematic bugs.  I've only ever encountered 1 game breaker in all my time playing it and I've played it all the way through umpteen times.  

Did i mention it had tons of loot?

Maybe i am wrong but i think Hunted demons forge is not an RPG. I agree with Dyslexic about Sacred 2. I highly recommend Dragon age ultimate edition.

I highly unrecommended Sacred 2.

Try Fable or Dragon Age.

I can't say about Sacred 2, as I have never played it. I would like to, though.

But I do recommend Dragon Age. Brilliant game.

Yup, you either love Sacred 2 or hate it.  Just one of those games that has no grey areas in that respect.

DAO has bosses?  Man, I must really suck at the game because I haven't gotten to a single boss yet... well, except for that troll looking dude in the tower at the beginning of the game.

Fallout 3 would seem to fit your request pretty well: huge world, tons of things to do on the outset, and tons of weapons. Other RPGs you should look into:

- Mass Effect 2 (Mostly linear experience but more emphasis on choices and combat)

- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Similar to Fallout 3, made by the same studio but fantasy and an older game)

- Torchlight (Arcade game, but tons of loot. If you like stat-crunching and don't mind repetitive gameplay, it's great for just an arcade game)

[quote user="Chris PharmD"]

DAO has bosses?  Man, I must really suck at the game because I haven't gotten to a single boss yet... well, except for that troll looking dude in the tower at the beginning of the game.

[/quote]The Brood Mother is a pain of a boss.

Though oddly the final one is quite easy.

Tales of Vesperia and Phantasy Star Universe are the only ones I can think off.

Borderlands

Torchlight

Dragon Age Origins