ROS: Dynamic Difficulty Setting

---

Hello everyone  :)

---

What do you think of the new " Dynamic Difficulty Setting " that Reaper Of Souls uses?  Here are the details (please chime in if you've played the PC version because this information is just from stuff that I've read)...

---

(1)  The level of the enemies is directly linked to the host.

(2)  The enemy levels get stuck at the level in which the host left.

(3)  Diablo 3 Classic had Normal, Nightmare, Hell, and Inferno in which the enemy levels were capped accordingly.  Reaper Of Souls has Easy, Normal, Hard, Torment, Demonic, and Apocalypes in which there is no level cap.

---

My take on this is that it is going to be really exlploitable for farming runs for the host to be a low level as the high level players plow through the opposition.  On the other hand, it could be really problematic (even on Easy) if the host is level 60 and another player is level 30 (I specifically chose level 30 because the level cap of the enemies on Normal Easy from Diablo 3 Classic, thus this player would not be at a disadvantage for this player.  In ROS, the enemies would be level 60 on Easy and the level 30 player wouldn't be effective at all).

---

Have a nice day or afternoon or night everyone  :)  

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

---

Hello everyone  :)

---

I sincerely apologize for posting the wrong difficulty settings of "Reaper Of Souls", here is the correct one.

---

(1)  Normal

(2)  Hard

(3)  Expert

(4)  Master

(5)  Torment

---

Once again, sorry for putting up the wrong information.

---

Have a nice day or afternoon or night everyone  :)

From what Ive seen, players are doing the opposite. Ive seen videos of a high level host have low levels in his/her game and (s)he power through the game thus speed leveling the lower players.

Im sure if that system were implicated into the console version, we would see a lot of the same speed leveling going on sadly. The only new system i think the console needs is the new paragon system, crafting, and loot drop 2.0

Hello "Rodistair"  :)

Honestly, I prefer the way that the difficulty system is set-up now.  While I don't mind the Dynamic Difficulty set-up, I will miss what we have now when it disappears.

Have a nice day or afternoon or night  :)

Agreed. The consoles current setting is great the way it is. We just need that upgraded loot system.

Hello "Rodistair"  :)

I understand why Blizzard wants to change the way that the difficulty set-up, but that doesn't change the fact that I still want to keep the difficulty system set-up the way it is now.  Like you said, they should have just added Act 5, updated the Loot system, update the Paragon system, and added the Mystic.

Have a nice day or afternoon or night  :)