Rockstar is now possibly taking legal action against customers

I contacted RockStar Tech. Support due to my husband being pulled out of a private lobby and being placed in  a "cheater lobby" for receiving and sharing a bounty, which is part of the game. When he shared it he noticed the amount and thought RockStar was giving out Christmas gifts however, we have come to find out that hackers and modders are the ones that did it. So, anyway he has a counter in the lower left hand corner that pops up on occasion to inform him about how much time he has left. It states " Time remaining as a cheat is...". Today at 1:42 p.m. he had one minute remaining here it is 4:05 p.m. and the counter now says 2 hours and 14 minutes remaining.  I have emailed Take2 Company (which is the parent company for Rockstar and 2K) to inform them of this issue. I have also been in contact with the Business Consumer Alliance and the Attorney General in my state. The last time I contacted Rockstar tech. support, I was on hold for an hour, gave the rep my open ticket number and was informed that my ticket was TRANSFERED TO THE LEGAL DEPARTMENT, and they could no longer speak with me regarding my husband's issues.  My husband has had 4 heart attacks and uses this game to stay connected with our adult sons (one of which is getting ready to deploy) instead of running up high phone bills. We bought 3 copies and subscribed to Xbox Live so they could do this. Now, Rockstar is saying that they cannot because my husband is a cheat. I would like someone to run a diagnostic scan of my husband's XBox to prove he is not a modder or hacker. This is getting out of hand when we could possibly be sued for filing complaints against a company that is doing their customers wrong. I called XBox live to inform they of the situation and I encourage others to do the same. If you want to email Rockstar tech. dept or their supervisors I was told to use *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Is it just me or does this seem unprofessional to others here? I would like to have proof that my husband has done nothing wrong just in case we do get sued. Thank you.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I think your taking the game too serious, so your in a "bad sport" lobby!  Just play the game and quit crying, and why isnt your husband on here relaying the problem? does he always send his wife to do his dirty work? LOL

ummm... wat

Makaveli your so mature. Well OP im afraid they dont put people in BS rooms for sharing a bounty. They may think your husband to be a modder but did he by chance blow up any personal vehicles right before he was banned? Like on the bounty that he got and shared? If so then thats why. There really is no other way to get into a BS room unless you blew up to many PV's. 1st time offense 24 hours, 2nd 48 hours, etc. If he did the crime he has to do the time. He can still talk on x box live you dont need GTA to do so. Maybe he cant play with his sons but you must understand why these rules are in place. I seriously doubt that they will sue you.

If your husband wants to talk to your son getting deployed, xbox 360 is great with party chat, you do not even need to be playing the same game, or even playing a game at all, your husband can be watching Netflix or browsing the internet explore while your son is playing call of duty or gta5 campaign. and as much as I HATE having to pay to play, it would probably be cheaper for your husband to use the xbox live services

you do not need rockstar to keep in contact with your son, because they are just game developers, and now they seem to be wanting to work through capitalism, which is not a good thing for any of us. if you want to play a good game, play forza horizon. its free roam, and you can drive anywhere, its a big map :-)

I have an answer for all you nay sayers.....There are COUNTLESS players being put in the "Cheater Lobby" not the "Bad Sport Lobby" for the exact thing I have described here just look at the current topics on their own support tab. He did not blow up personal cars or anything of that sort to be yanked out of a private session where he was running missions with his teammates and sons. The Cheater Counter went to 1 minute this afternoon and is now at 19 hours....How is that possible?

My husband and I are a team and what effects him, effects me, and I am the one taking the action. I am currently working on my Master's degree so do not talk to me as if I am a child. I am asking for some resolution to this escalating issue and I cannot receive anything but the standard " He cheated he deserves it" or " You got caught, quit whining and play the game." Rockstar is doing this to a lot of people, internationally. So, please if you have no helpful advice do not respond to this message because it is only making matters worse.

He cannot play the game online because every time he signs on he thrown into an open lobby, where the hackers are STILL depositing large sums of money into players accounts. So, he is playing the missions and running the races repeatedly and ALONE to avoid other players entirely.

Maybe he shouldnt have gone after or shared dirty money then. Sure with all the nerfs of money everywhere Rockstar is just gonna give out billions of GTA money. I dont really care if you have a degree in law it still wont help you. If Rockstar felt that he did something wrong then theres nothing you can do about it. His ban will go away eventually. The modders are ruining this game and your husband is just another causality of the war that has begun between Rockstar and modders. Sorry about your luck but im inclined to agree that your just crying about it. Posting here isnt doing much to help you, its just gonna make you even more mad. There are others game out there until the time runs out. Try Saints Row.

That was harsh man, cant you see she is stressing for her husband? You must not have a girlfriend or something because that's just not the way you talk to a lady, harsh

I was told that this forum would help me to receive answers and yet I am just getting insulted no different than when I talked to the tech support at RockStar. It is clear that obviously there is no answer, no resolution and no one gives a crap about their customers anymore. So, I thank you for all of your time. I would like someone from this company to do something before this reflects badly on your company (which is not my intention)

[quote user="Z4ZonE"]

That was harsh man, cant you see she is stressing for her husband? You must not have a girlfriend or something because that's just not the way you talk to a lady, harsh

[/quote]

Oh you would be surprised. In fact, that special "someone" types among us ; )

lol hmm I wonder who it could be lol