Rocksmith unable to load.

I recently purchased this game (11-28-2011). I have not had a issue with the game at all till now. The issue I'm having is my Xbox 360 gives me a error when it tries to read the disk saying it is a unrecognized disk. The 360 will play any other game with out issue. I returned the game to Gamestop under their 30day policy thinking the game disk might have been the issue. After i tried to use the new game disk I received the same error as before. I do not believe my Xbox is the issue as it will read other games and is under two weeks old it's self. It was working fine until there was a update for the game. I believe the update might be the source of my issue.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 27 Applies to:

Hi

try to clear the cache on your harddrive (System>>Memory>>Highlight appropriate memory source>>press Y>>delete cache.) Then disconnect your Xbox 360 from your broadband and insert your game and try again. this will tell you if it is the Update.

cheers

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the help but that did not help.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey CpRhIo, have you tried all of the steps listed in this official troubleshooter? If that doesn't resolve your issue and your console was purchased a couple weeks ago, I suggest taking it back to the retailer for an exchange. You can also take advantage of the official repair policy.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the exact same problem, but mine actually worked for a couple months, now disc says unreadable. I've found several people posting the same problem and so far no solutions. Lots of people with disc no longer working, maybe after a patch, but strangely deleting updates doesn't seem to help. You guys can call us crazy, but something is wrong with a lot of discs.

Sorry this didn't help.

FoxTrot, this thread is quite a few years old.  Can you please create a new one detailing your issue for assistance?  Thank you

Sorry this didn't help.