Rockets. Its ok to use them.

This is mostly a joke thread. 

The mass effect 3 community seems to have adopted the old Ben Franklin adage, "A rocket saved is a rocket earned."  It isn't unusual to go through an entire match on silver, sometimes gold, without a single rocket being fired.  This isn't a terrible thing.  It is wise to save them until you need them.  It has become so accepted by regular players that its common to see a teammate run around a map on Gold for 7 weeks, 2 days, 16 hours, 31 minutes and 17 seconds battling the three remaining Atlas's.

Please think outside the box a little.  Be considerate to your teammates and their time and the fact that their gf is patiently waiting for them to finish the round so they can watch Castle reruns together.  It is ok to use your rockets now and again.  You can use one when you are the last man standing and fighting overwhelming odds.  You can use one when your teammate is down between a banshee and a brute and your other invisible teammate keeps reviving him and laughing as the banshee and brute use him as a Turian ping pong ball.  Make a little room to breathe.

I carry 5 rockets (or maybe six) every match.  My teammates probaly have at least 5 by now.  That is twenty rockets in each match.  Plus or minus.  There is no coming apocalypse and thus no need, or less need, to stockpile rockets for when the dead return to life.  Please, use a rocket every now and again.  Thanks.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I don't know why, but this had me LMAO:  "It has become so accepted by regular players that its common to see a teammate run around a map on Gold for 7 weeks, 2 days, 16 hours, 31 minutes and 17 seconds battling the three remaining Atlas's."

Super Shepards will always think they are super shepards. When they die, like they always do, they blame their peons instead of themselves. I haven't played in awhile, but when I did this was how they thought.

Lol, me too sir me too, good day.

I can definitely relate / understand to what you're refering to when you said that ....new people arent bad...new people who think they are super shepherd and go into higher diff. screw the rest of us..." and I am extremely patient / forgiving in hopes that the Super Shepard mentallity will fade away; making this individual or individuals a better player as any difficulty above Bronze requires a lot more tactics and strategy  :)  I do not kick players out (ever) and I still enjoy playing with them; I just wished that they didn't use the Super Shepard method.

Yea strong coffee got me on a roll, pardon as despise long statements myself.

Without a lengthy reply?

Mr. Fang, without a lengthy reply I will say believe it or not along time ago I used to be a very considerate teammate, even down to looking at the other 3 people...what they were using and their loadout..as an example...if i see a turian ghost for example then I will change my ammo to cryo or incd to compliment his overload...that is a small example of things I used to do. On the 2nd thing yes all the way back to the demo and for a short while afterwards I rarely PASSED a bronze...so no..nobody is born knowing how to play me3 mp and I respect your unselfishness, but it has been a long time, alot of us have put alot of time and effort into getting good...into moving up...in order to get more credits to buy new weapons...and a simple "want to be the best at anything" attitude that I thank the USN for, so for me it is very frustrating when hosting a gold much less a platinum and see guys that havent put more then 2 days into the game come into higher difficulties and are completely clueless, and there have been many times I have helped new people, I cant tell you how many times I have explained biotic explosions and tech burts/explosions to new people...but the times they are a changing as dylan said and all I run into is a bunch of new people....new people arent bad...new people who think they are super shepherd and go into higher diff. screw the rest of us...someone would have to be familiar with golds/plats to see what I mean, again we all payed for our game and can play it how they want,,,it just struck me as odd that there arent enough enemys for 1 person on bronze much less four...and if you have all the weapons you have from bronze then my hats off to you then you must have played alot more then my 1300 or so games. From another post by you in your own words what did you get when you hosted a bronze for other players? You said you got a message asking you why you are not doing anything and pulling your weight...you didnt get a thank you or anything...in fact if I remember right you said you were stuck between a rock and a hard place about it. But again to each his own.

Also wanted to say something to the whole community, I have had a couple of you on friends list and never was around enough to get to know anyone, and if anything I am 100 percent team player...1 person here when I joined him and 3 friends I simply asked what character they were or wanted to use because I was picking my ammo ffs and was told "we already know how to play" , was a misunderstanding. So I will swallow my pride a bit and apologize. Truth be told if you have 3 guys and a perm team this is 1 of the best games I have played in my 35+ years of gaming...but trying over and over with randoms has just about got me to shelf the game, so I am making 1 last request....go to N7 and look at equipment or whatever but I would really like a few guys/gals to stick with....I dont care about difficulty....if your new then lets go silver and IF you want help I will help you with game aspects, if your not new and used to gold and plat then lets play a few games and see how it goes.

WB Unyo, and good day to all of you.            Pardon no spacing, I wrote in paragraphs.

I haven't played in a while and when I logged in I had zero rockets and medigels. There's new characters out so I'm not wasting any money on supplies. If my team needs rockets there's three other dudes who can pick up the slack. I'll make up for it by stomping the enemies and reviving people.

First and foremost, I am really sorry that you had to go through that altercation last night "OutlawedSaint" and I hope that everything is fine now  :)

---

Question  =  Play a harder difficulty so you all have something to shoot?

---

Response  =  The reason that I prefer hosting public Bronze matches rather than hosting public Silver matches is that there are only 4 HPTs on Bronze and about 10 in Silver.  I remember when I first started playing Mass Effect 3 multiplayer (do you all remember when you first started playing this game's multiplayer?) and most of us thought along the lines of "I need to use a Cobra Missile to take down this HPT".  Then, as we gained more experience and better gear / equipment, we learned how to take down HPTs without Cobra Rockets; but keep them handy just in case of an emergency.  I am taking into consideration the fact that if a player plays nothing but Bronze only (please understand that this statement is not intended to be deragotory and demeaning, as there is absolutely nothing wrong with playing nothing but Bronze only.  Furthermore, it is not my intent to be boastful and have a superiority complex to less experienced players.  We all started at the same place when learning about a game / games, and through experience we gain knowledge and become better at it.  I sincerely respect players of all skill levels and I hope that whomever is reading this will understand that my statement wasn't said with malicious intent) and gets sent to a Silver or more difficult match despite the fact that the search parameters that was used was clearly on the Bronze difficulty setting.  I can attest to this because I recall being sent into Silver and Gold matches numerous times when I specifically set the parameters to Bronze when I first started playing this game.  The matchmaking system of this game is about 85% compliant with the search parameters that was established by the player.  Long story short, I wanted to set-up a game where any one of any skill level could play and some players will find it unfair that they have to deal with about 10 HPTs in one match.

---

Have a nice day or afternoon or night everyone  :)  

Play a harder difficulty so you all have something to shoot? Anyway in a Gold last night I used a missle twice (2 different times in 2 sep. waves) to save a teammates life from banshee rippin his lunch out..then wave after wave just goes down...sent him a msg telling him what a sry fck he was and said to me "Your an idiot if you think im going to waste my gear on you"...needless to say calm now but wanted to jump through the tv screen and grab em...point is sry mofos like this ruin the game imo..I wouldnt have been so angry if I had not of saved his life twice....end of story/rant/point.