Rocket League coming to Xbox One in the future

The development team behind Rocket League has plans for an Xbox One version, so we Xbox One owners will get this game after all, but no release date is announced yet. Here's the link to the article for more information:

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/rocket-league-coming-to-xbox-one/

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The exact quotation was "definitely looking into other platforms" but they never specifically said Xbox One; then again, they said current-gen platforms and they're already on PC and PS4, so...

I played Rocket League on a PS4 yesterday. It was great fun, and it would be fantastic to see it on the Xbox One in future.

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

But one question, how come the PS4 & PC gets Rocket League, but not Xbox One?

The original game (SARPBC) was a PS3 exclusive and this time they wanted cross-platform play between console and PC which it has on PS4, Microsofts reluctance for that probably wrote them out of the equation.

[quote user="Ragnarok5000"]

But one question, how come the PS4 & PC gets Rocket League, but not Xbox One?

[/quote]

The developer went on record saying it was simply down to their limited resources. They're a small team and they found it easier to develop on PS4 and PC only than to include Xbox One in their early plans.

And that's fair enough. Rather than split their efforts too many ways just to guarantee parity, but in so doing release a sub-par product, they instead focused their efforts where they would have good impact and that was creating a polished product for PC and PS4.

And now on those two platforms they're in post-release, supporting them with minor fixes and some content DLC, meaning that they could allocate more developer time towards making a good Xbox One version.

Maybe we get it a bit later, but the game should be better for it.

Ahhhh I see, due to weaker hardware than the PS4, it would require more designers to make the Xbox One version a good port. At least I'll rather take that than having a sub-par lazy port (MGS V Ground Zeroes, Battlefield 4/Hardline, and CoD Ghosts for examples).

Nothing to do with weaker hardware but different hardware.

PC has the biggest gamer user base and the PS4 has the most on console. Makes sense to focus on the two that will bring you the most sales.

You're right about one thing though. At least when the game comes to the One, it'll have all the polish and refinements ready to go.

Haven't we already got it?

I looked at this game on Youtube expecting to find some really cool rocket launching game.

Instead it's a low budget cars playing football... like you did in either "PGR" or "Forza".

I think we're better off with "World Of Tanks" to be honest.

[quote user="Ragnarok5000"]

Ahhhh I see, due to weaker hardware than the PS4

[/quote]

The developer cited the similarity in the hardware, not any inherent strengths or weaknesses.

~~~~

Az, having played all the games you mention, there is definitely room for Rocket League among those. It's good fun.

Az, having played all the games you mention, there is definitely room for Rocket League among those. It's good fun.

---

Azrael is just a salty Xbot who lives for touching himself when new DOA Bikini DLC is released. Any games on anything other than Xbox will automatically be dismissed by him.

And if I wasn't right Shiggy Baby wouldn't be trying to swing his handbag at my ankles.