Rock Band: DLC 6/14 - A-Ha, A7X, Chumbawamba, Live

Hey gang,

Short intro to next week's DLC while most of us are still out in LA cleaning up after E3! There's a nice assortment of singles including tracks from the 80's, 90's and 00's, ranging from pop to metal, introducing several bands to RB for the first time while welcoming back fan favorites. Enjoy!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (June 14):

• A-Ha – “Take On Me” X
• Avenged Sevenfold – “Unholy Confessions” X
• Avenged Sevenfold – “Welcome to the Family”
• Chumbawamba – “Tubthumping”
• Live – “I Alone” X
• Live – “Lightning Crashes”

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system June 15)

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Finally...Take On Me. LOL

Chumbawampa Tubthumping...  Try saying that five times fast

Probably getting the aforementioned song, as well as everything around A7X.

I think i'm the only one who wanted the Tubthumper full album lol but i guess this will do.

Take on Me is great too and i might take a look at the Live songs.

Wooo Tubthumping!

Take on Me! Finally a song that I requested on rockband.com actually becomes DLC. I might get the Live songs, maybe welcome to the family and tubhumping. I'm short on points.

Am I the only one excited for the Avenged Sevenfold songs?? Mind you, I do like A-ha and Chumpawampa but I'm surprised that not many people sound excited for the A7X songs. =[

[quote user="Jograd"]

Am I the only one excited for the Avenged Sevenfold songs?? Mind you, I do like A-ha and Chumpawampa but I'm surprised that not many people sound excited for the A7X songs. =[

[/quote]

Well I'd look forward to them more if A7X wasn't an EXTREMELY overrated band. Mind you, I'll still get the songs, as well as everything else this week, but I'll get MUCH more playtime out of TubThumper and Take On Me, because they are far superior songs.

Definitely going to be grabbing the songs by Live and Take on Me.  Most likely Tubthumping as well. It's not that I don't like A7X, I just don't like those songs enough to spend points on 'em.

I'm sorry? Take On Me and Tubthumper are "superior songs'? What world are you living in? They're funny in a kitch way but far from pinnacles of musicianship. The only thing innovative about Take On Me is the video because nobody really used rotoscope in pop videos back then. I'm not saying A7X is the greatest band ever but they're certainly better than 80s and 90s fluff.    

[quote user="Ave Infernus"]

I'm sorry? Take On Me and Tubthumper are "superior songs'? What world are you living in? They're funny in a kitch way but far from pinnacles of musicianship. The only thing innovative about Take On Me is the video because nobody really used rotoscope in pop videos back then. I'm not saying A7X is the greatest band ever but they're certainly better than 80s and 90s fluff.    

[/quote]

You know nothing about music if you think that because a band has more skilled musicians, they will create a better song. Bob Dylan proved that a long time ago, becoming ONE OF THE GREATEST MUSICIANS OF ALL-TIME with mediocre instrumentals and a raspy voice that was hard to enjoy, but fixed that with some of the best (if not THE BEST) song writing of all time.

On the subject of innovation though, maybe those two songs weren't overly innovative. What did A7X do that was innovative? I truly look forward to your answer for that.