RIP Game to HD?

Is it finally safe to "RIP the Game" to the hard drive?  Before patch v1.40 this would cause the textures to drop to low-res.  Have they fixed this yet?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

To be honest I've never noticed the difference and I've had it installed since day 1. I would just install it anyway.

Just Install your game to Hard Drive already, your system will last a lot longer, your probability of getting RROD will go down and you might enjoy the game more without all that NOISE!

www.1up.com/.../skyrim-360-graphic-issues-addressed

This is what I am talking about.  I do this for all my other games, of course.  But not Skyrim, for the obvious reason.  My question is, can anyone confirm this is fixed?  I reviewed the patch notes and no where do I see this specifically addressed.

well I dont see any diffrence, so WHY not install, unless you think this "new update" wont work IF your games already IN the Hard Drive...

[quote user="CubeWolf"]

www.1up.com/.../skyrim-360-graphic-issues-addressed

This is what I am talking about.  I do this for all my other games, of course.  But not Skyrim, for the obvious reason.  My question is, can anyone confirm this is fixed?  I reviewed the patch notes and no where do I see this specifically addressed.

[/quote]

That issue was fixed months ago. It was addressed in patch 1.2.. the last one was 1.4.

I have had mine installed since launch with no issues.

Excellent!  And thanks, I just tried it and it works fine.

Don't be afraid to Download. You can always delete.