RIP Call of Duty 4

I know its an old game but some of us don't necessarily have to play the latest £50 game to get enjoyment out of our consoles. why is it dead though you may ask? well that question will be answered as soon as you pop the disk in the tray and enter multiplayer for more than 5 minutes. you'll be greeted with scrolling text all over the uav informing you that some tosser with a totally original gamertag like i dunno....xXiTz SnIpEzXx or something has been given free 'infections' by some other douchebag with an equally *** gamertag. is this what i pay £50 a year for?  a community ruined by hackers? if you cant be bothered to put the game in and see for yourself what it looks like heres my interpretation.

xXiTz SnIpEzXx was infected by HcMz X FuSiioNz

scrolling over the uav over and over and over again. 

its been like this for sometime now. why is nothing being done?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

There is something being done,just go look at the suspension forums,the xbox live enforcement team is doing the best they can. Lots of people are getting suspended for passing on the infections. The only thing you can do is,file a complaint under system tampering,leave the game,and block communications with that person. Don't bother sending any hate mail to them,they'll be dealt with.

i have been filing complaints, it seems that every game i go into has these idiots ruining it though. if its so rife on cod4 how come we havent seen it on other titles?

Its happening in World at War,Modern Warfare 2,and even in black ops as well,but its not that serious in black ops like the other 2 titles.

Step 1: Press 'Eject' button on your console.

Step 2: Remove 'Call of Duty 4' disc.

Step 3: Insert any other game that does not contain the words "Call of Duty"

Step 4: Enjoy.

Dang, I was hoping they finally shut the servers down. But its just another one of these threads :P

i think it would be hard to shut down CoD4 servers since i dont think they actually use servers players are the hosts yknow?

They use Listen servers so in theory they can shut down the MP part.

Cod4 was trash even before mw2 was released. Absolutely no support from IW. They know how to make fps titles but they certainly do not keep the game running smoothly long after it's been out. Shame because cod4 was awesome, now it's a joke....

It's almost as if the publisher is not paying the developers to fix the games so people will buy the new one in order to escape the completely unplayable multiplayer of the franchises earlier games. Say it ain't so.

that ambassador should be ashamed of him/herself for such a stupid response.