Riley the dog

Did anybody else think it was kind of dumb that you only got to use Riley in like 2 missions in the entire game and then after that, you never saw him again?  I thought it was kinda sad when they couldn't stop talking about how great the dog is going to be before it's launch. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The dog was so scripted it was a waste of time. I'd rather it hadn't shown up at all.

Ive used Riley a ton.................in MP.

[quote user="UneasyJmitchell"]

Ive used Riley a ton.................in MP.

[/quote]
Who hasn't?

I found Riley to be a novelty and the missions he was a part of were just enough. I kind of thought he was a little silly. I know dogs are smart but they way he was controled made it seem like he was a dog version of an RC car.

Xbox Ambassador | Xbox Forum Moderator | Xbox MVP

@Foom--Read the original post, then you will see what I answered. I wasnt making a generic statement, like you. The OP said that people were talking about the dog before release and how great it was going to be, but he only used it in two missions. I let him know the dog is there to be used a ton in MP.

I think Foom was agreeing with you, Mitchell. And I agree. You'll see a puppy every game. 5 Killstreak that gets you kills and covers you? Everyone's on the bandwagon.

-

They overhyped Riley tbh. Just like Ghosts. It's gonna be the best CoD ever.. wtf! This is worse than Blops 2. /ragequit.

^^Maybe so, I probably read it and understood it the wrong way, LOL. Anywho, I have noticed alot of people using their dog to cover them whilest they in choppers and stuff, which is smart, but they also get the dog (first) and hide in a small room or closet until the chopper gets unlocked. Its tough killing the dog and a person in a small room (unless you DC tube it or something.

I like him for retrieving care packages.If I complete a field order, Ill hold on to it through 2 or 3 deaths even until I earn one to protect me.

[quote user="iNb4 Ownage"]

Did anybody else think it was kind of dumb that you only got to use Riley in like 2 missions in the entire game and then after that, you never saw him again?  I thought it was kinda sad when they couldn't stop talking about how great the dog is going to be before it's launch. 

[/quote]We have been Call of Dutied...

The best is my friend, who plays COD, has a German Shepherd named, yes, Riley.  (In the RL of course.)