Rewind button doesn't work?

My rewind (Y) button doesn't work in the last lap of a race. Why is that? Is it a bug or a feature?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Do you have it enabled (in difficulty)?  If so, it must be a 'feature'.

It's my understanding that every so often, the rewind feature has to basically dump its memory up to a certain point...so that you can't rewind 3 or 4 laps back, for instance.  I'm guessing that it's possible that you've hit one of those points, and there's nothing in memory to rewind back to.

Although, if it's consistently happening in the last lap of every race, regardless of other circumstances, then I guess that's the way T10 wanted it to work.

I dont think it's disabled for the whole last lap, just the end of the last lap. It's also disabled for the start of the race. That is, you can't rewind all the way to the start. I can't think of a good reason why though.

ive found this problem as well, this didnt happen in fm3 so disappointing it stops working in fm4..it shouldnt dump the way it does should work how it worked in fm3

If you ask me, rewind shouldn't even exist. Do games really need to be this dumbed-down for today's players? Put on the big boy pants & turn rewind off.

I like the rewind feature, because it can make learning new tracks less tedious.  Let's say there's one particular corner that I'm having  a hard time with, and as soon as I go through it I have an idea of what a better line would have been.  With rewind I can immediately go back and try it instead of having to wait a whole lap to try it again.  Similarly I might like to experiment with good ways to pass someone on the outside in a particular corner, or other things I just want to retry another way without having to wait for that particular situation to arise again.  Not only is it less tedious, but it's also often helpful to be able to try something right away because what I think I did wrong is still fresh in my mind.  Sure this is an advantage I wouldn't have in real life, but so is being able to crash without injuring my body or pocketbook, and being able practice for hours without having to do any maintenance on my car, or race whenever I want rather than having to wait for my slot at the track.   I could agree that if someone is just using rewind to avoid ever losing a race then that's kind of lame, but as a learning aid I don't see it as being fundamentally any different from the other advantages of sims that I mentioned.

In multiclass circuits, when the first car crosses the final line the rewind is disabled, also near the final line in the last lap and the start of the race the rewind button is disabled too.

Mine doesn't work either!

I found out why your rewind button isn't working! You have the setting to turn it on or off. Start a race then go down to Difficulty and then go down to rewind. I hope this helped!

[quote user="OG Pooh"]

If you ask me, rewind shouldn't even exist. Do games really need to be this dumbed-down for today's players? Put on the big boy pants & turn rewind off.

[/quote]I feel exactly the same Pooh. Rewind should die. If you cannot run with the big dogs, stay on the porch. I understand Turn 10 wanting to appeal to everyone, yet at the same time, how will newer racers get any better or feel any worth with rewind? That's like saying "I was late for work today, let me go back home and restart".

oh, and get golder, lol, sorry