Review - The truth about Battlefield 3

[view:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebXUgDC3jKo]

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

"I will be playing this for months to come" - best reviewer comment.

[quote user="Cgar"]

I cant get thru your slurring to find words 9 min review is 7 mins to long get to the point. Fair review?you started the review by telling dice so called supporters to leave becasue we wont like what you are going to say about COD mw3.I guess 6.5 million people are wrong  www.itproportal.com/.../call-duty-modern-warfare-3-brings-400m-day-one

[/quote]Your fanboy mind clouded your hearing. He said he people won't like what he says about BF3. You're in the wrong forum, stop trying to stir the pot.

Nice review Smasher, couldn't sum it up, buts thats exactly spot on. Cater to COD kids (sorry) is all I've see go down here.  metro and bazar are cod maps.  if they wanted them to be BC/BF....their would have been a hummer vs hummer city fight....would have been awesome. metro....is a joke.....hate it, but you are 100% spot on

Same here, but I really find myself not playing shooters like I used to.

[quote user="Mech Viper"]

tanks are easy to take out if you know where to hit them

[/quote]In Bad Company 2 yes, but not int Battlefield 3, at least it feels like it to me. I know that the term "dumbed down" is used a lot but the vehicle disabled thing kind of dumbs down fighting tanks. All you do is shoot it once or twice, then it can't even move.

Both BF3 and MW3 are disappointing to me.  Both are basically map packs of BC2 and MW2.  Battlefield added some more CODish unlock BS, but really, I was not excited to play either.  The larger BF maps are too big for the amount of players and the smaller maps feel way too CODish, again.  At least DICE tried to give us some new ideas, unlike MW3, which is MW2 all over again.  I guess I am spoiled, but I used to have a lot more fun with simpler games like Modern Combat.

I agree with tanks under powered and too easy to take out.Partly due to the vehicle disable feature IMO.In BC2 i would make sure to get my @@@ into cover when i saw a tank coming and you knew you had a serious battle ahead even if you had a couple of engi's attacking it,If you had a good crew with someone constantly repairing,you could be in that thing most of the match,Now 2 engineers make very light work of a tank with no probs,even on a big wide open map like Caspian,tanks go down easy with choppers and Javelins on them.I am not disapointed with BF3 though in general,I think they did a good job imo.I think after a few patches this game will be spot on,As long as they sort tanks etc out.Graphics are fine for a 360 game,No issues for me there.Will be nice when we get more maps with Karkand and future DLC.

[quote user="Xtabay"]

Good review IMO! I find it surprising how many are disliking it though, it's almost 50/50...

[/quote]

I assume that many people dislike because they are blind followers of Battlefield. It's not a bad game, it seems like it was just released far too early.

I remember on Bad Company 2 when I was in a building and saw a tank, I would sit perfectly still so it wouldn't see me. You know, because I'm infantry and it's a tank. Now in Battlefield 3 if I see a tank I can just waltz across the street the tank is on and only loose 1/3 of my health. It doesn't make sense. Especially when there is an enemy with an RPG or C4 near you and you're driving. They can easily get 2 or 3 shots in before killed from point blank range. Now that's just not right.

[quote user="LLAMASMASHER"]

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]

I remember on Bad Company 2 when I was in a building and saw a tank, I would sit perfectly still so it wouldn't see me. You know, because I'm infantry and it's a tank. Now in Battlefield 3 if I see a tank I can just waltz across the street the tank is on and only loose 1/3 of my health. It doesn't make sense. Especially when there is an enemy with an RPG or C4 near you and you're driving. They can easily get 2 or 3 shots in before killed from point blank range. Now that's just not right.

[/quote]

QFT

[/quote]

I'm a tank hunter, always have been.  I also enjoy operating them.  Tossing C4 on a tank in BC2 would kill it, just like it does here.  It takes three RPGS to knock one out, more if you are stupid enough to attack one head on.   Isn't that about the same as BC2?  I don't remember. (I  traded mine in after about 15 hours on BF3 figuring I'd probably wouldn't ever play it again. )  I agree the spash damage is not the same.  Tell you what though - I'd LOVE to see you waltz accross the street in front of my Abrams.  I'll hit ya right where the good lord split ya.