Returning The Thieves Guild To Glory Is Pissin Me Off

I've done all of the city influence quests, and tried talking to Byrjoff(sp) on several occasuons, upon which he replies that he is too busy. What am I doing wrong? Google cant help me so I figure real people can.

HELP!!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You need to do 5 jobs in each of the 4 other holds (Whiterun, Markarth, Solitude and Windhelm - basically the 4 major cities besides Riften).  Upon completing the 5th job in a hold, you'll get a special assignment from Delvin Mallory.  After you complete the 4th special assignment, then you can talk to Brynjolf.

What I did was I went back through my completed quests and marked how many jobs I had each city.  Then I went back to Vex, saved my game and got a new job.  If the job wasn't for a city I needed, I reloaded and tried again.  Once I got one, I went to Delvin and saved and repeated the process.

This link will help walk you through the whole thing in more detail: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Under_New_Management.  Good luck!

^^ You don't have to reload...

You can just tell him you want to quit the job and you can get a new one.

thieves guild takes way too long and the missions in each hold are so repetitive.

[quote user="Crusher X303"]

^^ You don't have to reload...

You can just tell him you want to quit the job and you can get a new one.

[/quote]

Very true - but I hate having failed quests in my journal so I reloaded instead.  :-) lol  But just quitting the job works just fine...

Was a very time consuming questline

Yea, the first two or three jobs are fun and then you just want it over.   And it seems to take forever once you get down to the last hold.   It's like the game knows you only needs a job a Whiterun and makes you quit 50 jobs first just to **** you off.

Also watch, its after the war in whiterun.  A house gets crushed and you cant steal (the get inside) anything from it.  You might have to fail that mission.  Depends where / what you have done.  Mobile post

Thieves guild was the longest guest line to complete however, I was unable to complete it due to a glitch even after the patch came out this guest was still glitches for me on my disc. I lost my full game because of the glitching in this game. When I recovered my last spot before the lost it left me to complete the guild, and you know what it was still glitches out. I was so close to completion of this game but I had to settled for a near completion instead of a full completion. For those who were able to complete this game a pat on the back to ya…And to us who did not due to the dumb game glitches were encountered a sad Boo Hoo….SO when frustration takes you over remember the gamers who were screwed by the glitches the Developers failed to fix due to there patch (s) therefore, Thieves guild is less of your problems.

The patches don't fix saves that already exist, meaning any save file used before the patches would not be repaired by the patch. I had to make a second playthrough to finish the thieves guild.

That was good advice from JeffM about saving the game just before you ask Delvin and Vex for new thieves guild tasks. I tried that and it helped me avoid doing tasks in cities that I had already finished. Really saves a lot of time. It's kind of aggravating that the game will waste your time by sending you to cities that you no longer need.