Resident Evil To Go Back To Its Roots?

Do you think they actually have listened to the fans or just all talk? Check the link

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/31/resident-evil-will-return-to-its-roots

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="tCruzin4lyfe"]

Do you think they actually have listened to the fans or just all talk? Check the link

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/31/resident-evil-will-return-to-its-roots

[/quote]I have not read the article you have linked to, but RE6 is a step closer to the original RE games than 5 was, so i think they are heading in that direction anyway...

I would absolutely love to write a detailed response to this article, only, it would wasted upon deaf ears. I will say a reboot works perfectly because you don't need to be tethered to a retarded storyline and cast. I will also say that making the games play exactly the same is also retarded. Just because people want it to be a certain genre doesn't mean it needs to be exactly the same. The issue is WE WANT MONEY and WE LACK CREATIVITY.  Third, the media, the consumers, the Developers/Publishers need to understand what the genre actually is and please, for the love of god, stop saying the older games or the genre is too Japanese because that is a load of crock. And i'd like to remind everyone that the genre is only named Survival-Horror--it is not a literal definition and merely a coined term. It is an Action/Adventure game on a technicality; Just like Ico and Metroid Prime. You wouldn't recommend ICO to an Action/Adventure enthusiast or Metroid Prime to a fan of First-Person Shooters. 

Two more things: If you are going to do Mutliplayer, Journey is your best answer. The best step for the Genre is to take inspirations from the Stealth Genre, as many are already pseudo-stealth games.

You know what, I wouldn't mind if they wanted to go the action-shooter route with a side story involving other characters and events, but to turn the main series upside down from its roots was a huge mistake and thus you get games like RE 4, 5 and 6 which appeal more to Call of Duty fans than to actual RE fans.

While RE was heavily inspired by another Capcom game called Sweet Home (on the NES) and point and click adventure games like Alone in the Dark, RE always had a bit more action involved than those previous games.

But they maintained the horror, isolated and survival themes in the originals, all of that was taken out starting in 4 for bigger set pieces with tons of action, guns and explosions and some not so scary monsters.

RE4 might have helped the series maintain relevance through all these years but its big departure from the established formula clearly hurt the series in the long run, which ended up with 5 and 6. Now, they want to go back and thats because they realize they took it too far.

The first RE game I played was RE 2 and was in love from the jump. I remember me and my cousin playing day and night for 4 days straight to beat the game. I missed out on 3 and didn't care much for 4 or 5. I only got five because it was a gift from a friend. A transition back to what made the game what it was would be perfect, it's probably not going to sell 5 million its first day but gamers will appreciate it more so than Call of Dumb$***

Exactly x24hrs, have you played the REmake for the GameCube? while I never played the first RE on PS1 I did get the remake and it was perfect, it still holds up today pretty well.

RE 6 is ok but not even close to going back to the originals. RE Revelation was pretty good though. I wouldn't mind having the Nemesis chase me again though in a updated RE title.

As long as its fun I don't care what they do.

Never played GameCube. I was thinking of getting the games they released on the arcade if they are worth it.

I don't think Alone in the Dark was a point and click Adventure game, but the genre is where Survival-horror derive from.

Didn't they say that they were going to reboot the series after 5? I had heard they were going to bring in a new cast of characters and sort of "start over" with the original cast making cameos and what not. RE6 was supposed to be that, I believe.

Anyway, I don't want a reboot. I want the story to keep going forward. Let them go back to the roots, I don't mind. I just don't want RE5 to ever happen again. RE6, eh, but RE5, never.