Resident Evil is Dying, Agree?

When will Capcom learn their lesson?

Brace yourself, because you’re about to hear the whole survival horror/action
genre discussion.

I was excited when Resident Evil 4 was released. I played it,
loved it, and remembered it. Then Resident Evil 5 came along, saying they
wanted to appeal to Call of Duty fans. I played it, liked it, and the realized
it was the same thing as Resident Evil 4.

Resident Evil 5 was the first time I grew angry with Capcom. Then
came the Wii games, Umbrella Chronicles, etc. and they pretty much recycled the
maps from the Outbreak series.

Now the Resident Evil 6 trailer is out, and it obviously looks
action-packed. Then Operation Raccoon City massively flops and Slant Six pretty
much blames Capcom by saying (not exact), “We gave Capcom what they wanted; we
achieved that much.”

Then recently, the Resident Evil producer says the “survival
horror market is too small. We want our games to sell like Call of Duty.” That’s
completely understandable. Do it up. Give me action, give me bullets, but could
you produce quality games?

I just recently played Operation Raccoon City, and it sucked (although,
not as bad as the reviews said it would.) So with this massive flop, why is
Capcom ready to take the series in a new “action-packed adventure” direction?
It will obviously flop again, and then they won’t even their title to fall back
on.

I think Resident Evil fans need to boycott their games until
they produce quality work.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 17 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

RE as a survival game is dead, idk what happen because I honestly was never a big big fan of RE but I know from what I've seen and been told its alot different. Anybody looking for some survival/ horror needs to try Dead Space (2).

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I disagree concerning RE: ORC.

I am a diehard RE fan. I have the first 3 on my PS3.

However, I also like RE: ORC. I appreciate it for what it is. I wasn't expecting an RE title like RE4 or RE5. I wasn't expecting an RE title like the originals either. I was expecting a SOCOM-like game based in the RE universe with an RE setting, RE characters and an RE storyline. And that's what I got.

Yeah I have the same feelings towards this game as MSF.  I have had a blast playing this game with friends.  Couple gameplay issues but nothing enough to stop me from playing.

It's all preference really. I enjoyed it with friends as well but not enough to hang on to it for long.

You should give the MP a try its actually really fun.  Couple good modes one where you have to survive long enough till a helicopter comes.  But there are only four spots on the helicopter so you need to fight through zombies and other players.

I'm loving Resi ORCs as well. Not sure what all the reviewers were complaining about, it's not terrible in the slightest. Sure couple of little glitches here and there, but they are over lookable.

Now I have been a Resi fan right from the start, played from Resi 1 to Resi ORCs. I beleive that the style has had to change. Like they changed the style from Resident Evil 1 - CVX to becoming what Resi 4 was. Massive change in style and in gameplay. Now they have changed the style again. It needs to be done in games for them to keep going.

Can you imagine if the games now were still like the originals? I can already hear the complaints.. 'Fixed cameras suck' 'Can't see anything' 'Can't move and shoot' etc etc.

My point being, people are always going to complain about something so no matter what Capcom or whoever do, they will upset someone somewhere. I'm happy with the direction their going in to be honest, I really think that when Resi 6 arrives it's going to be a mixture of game styles. Leons section will play simliar to Resi 4 and 5, Chris' section will be playable like Resi ORCs, not sure how the new guys will play though (still think that's another Wesker child).

RE isn't dieing its evolving...   And I for one am all for it..

[quote user="MSF Big Boss"]

I am a diehard RE fan. I have the first 3 on my PS3.

However, I also like RE: ORC. I appreciate it for what it is. I wasn't expecting an RE title like RE4 or RE5. I wasn't expecting an RE title like the originals either. I was expecting a SOCOM-like game based in the RE universe with an RE setting, RE characters and an RE storyline. And that's what I got.

[/quote]

Lol I own a PSP strictly for that reason lol my woman has a ps3 in the bedroom for netflix.  I got all the resident evils on my psp/ps3 I'm a die hard RE fan as well.  I like ORC to be honest.  I don't know what the problem is...A patch will be inbound eventually.

As for the game being dead,  I don't think so...It's just moving in a different direction which is fine but you all know what we really want regardless of how the game is made....zombies lol.  I hate shooting weird people with long ailen like things coming out of their spine and wipping around,  I liked RE 4 and 5 but I felt like I was a little ripped off when I played 5.

I actually think this game is better than RE5. RE5 had stunning graphics on the first level, but overall I thought the game was stupid. I'm a RE fan and I like seeing some change.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

[quote user="DJ Jayne"]

RE isn't dieing its evolving...   And I for one am all for it..

[/quote]Can we use the word mutating?