Resident Evil 4

Is it just me or is anyone else having trouble downloading this game today?  Not sure if it's the market place or this specific game, but whenever I try to change "my payment option" the system freaks out and goes into errors...any suggestion or news?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

The controls are a little out dated, but in the options settings, you can change them to TPS mode, which is a little better, but you still have to aim with the left stick. It would be nice if they would issue a patch to help customize the controls a little more, but I'm not counting on it. I'm actually considering buying the controller below, because it's suppose to have the ability to swap the left and right sticks. That way you could move with the d-pad and aim with the right stick. That's kind of the setup that I used when I played the game on the PC. It's $40, but it might be worth it.

www.gamestop.com/.../84574

well, people have been downloading and playing it, maybe it's just freaking out on your 360's end.

it isn't on the website yet and it just released, so try waiting a day or two to DL it.

This is a terrible port! I would have at least expected the console to pioneer console FPS gaming to direct all companies wanting to tackle that territory, be it first person or third person, to adhere to the standards they've already set. Yes, I've played and beat RE4 on the PS2 back in the day, but trying to play it now is like having to unlearn everything the 360 has taught me. Even RE5 wasn't this unforgiving. First and foremost, you have to aim your gun with the RIGHT TRIGGER!!! That goes against EVERYTHING you know about FPS on consoles. Add to this the fact that you have to move solely with the left analog stick (or D-Pad) and the right analog stick is more or less just a constant distraction. Finally; aiming with the left stick does not feel right and after this many years, you'd think someone would have updated the controls to acknowledge this fact.

I truly feel as though I've been ripped off with this port. There is no excuse for not updating the controls for the modern era, and don't give me that type II control scheme crap because that's just as awkward as type I.

Ok, I got home and it was ready to play. No problem here.

It let me start the download this morning, but I don't know if it finished, because I haven't been home, yet.

I think it's great. I wasn't expecting very much but I am very pleased. The controls are the only thing I get annoyed about but I'm really liking the Type II scheme, anyway so it's getting to not be that big of a deal. Remember: Code Veronica releasing Tuesday! :D

I think the controls are fine. Yeah, it might take a little bit to get used to, but it's not hindering the game at all.

is very great