Resident Evil 4 Pro mode Tips

Post your Pro Mode Tips here!!! I have a few to get the ball rollin...

1. Do as much damage with the knife as possible, make em run, shoot their knee, They fall you stab...

2. Do as much damage as possible with explosives (Barrels and dynamite throwers), Heard Enemies into dynamite tossers is a good way to conserve ammo.

3. Use up ammo that takes up more room first (Rifle ammo is the best to use first, as it takes up 2 slots per 10 bullets) Tmp ammo is the best to save as it takes the least space and is a quick efficient weapon for bosses.

4. Avoid the RELOAD TIME weapon tune up for as long as possible, if your strategic your reload time wont matter.

5. If you know an area is empty (no items or treasure to pick up) try to run it without killing enemies.

6. Complete (SEPERATE WAYS), unlock the second outfit for ashley, and use her as a decoy in the armour.

IF YOU HAVE ANY TIPS SHARE THEM WITH THE FORUM! 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 43 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

thank youuu.

I'm an a official resident evil ambassador follow me on Twitter at @rebelgamer9 or add me on xbox rebelgamer9 thank you remember fight them zombies

[quote user="B6O6O6MS6T6IC6K"]

Post your Pro Mode Tips here!!! I have a few to get the ball rollin...

1. Do as much damage with the knife as possible, make em run, shoot their knee, They fall you stab...

[/quote]

You're right about using the knife as much as possible, but why "make em run" before shooting their knees? If you simply make them fall down, you won't get to kick/suplex them, which is more useful when there's a crowd of enemies, because kicking/suplexing one enemy also stuns the surrounding enemies.

[quote user="B6O6O6MS6T6IC6K"]

6. Complete (SEPERATE WAYS), unlock the second outfit for ashley, and use her as a decoy in the armour.

[/quote]

Why deprive yourself of the extra challenge?! :P

All I can say is that getting the bottle caps and choosing Ashley's armour outfit is a good start.

As much knife as possible and run past anything that doesn't need killing.

I actually preferred the blacktail as well, mainly because the red9 took up too much space

Yup. Quite useful. But i think you should include not to upgrade Handgun at all and wait until punisher and then either red9 or Blacktail (whichever suits you best) i myself chose Blacktail. It wasnt that hard on the GC version. And i think this is almost identical to the GC version.

Great Tips! These will surely help with the Playthrough!

got any tips for an easy Dr. Salvador battle? it's been a long time since i beat pro mode on gamecube and they take more damage than normal.

I am planning to do my Professional playthrough soon. I am learning some strategies like luring the Ganados to the ladder and slashing them once they get to the top. Another one I used is trying to avoid firefights that may use up too much ammo which is a scarce resource.

A few things that are really helping me on Pro mode:

Scrap the shotgun!

For the firepower it offers (4.0), it is far too large. It simply takes up too much inventory space that can or should be used by healing items and grenades. I picked it up and used it until I was (almost) out of ammo and then sold it before going to the lake to fight Del Lago. I've been using only handgun and knife ever since. And if you have only one gun, you're getting a lot more ammo for it because virtually all random ammo drops will be for only that gun (I'm about to start fight at cabin, got 500+ handgun rounds).

It may be worthwhile to buy the Riot Gun once you're in chapter 3, and the Striker is an even better choice latter on because of its exclusive upgrade (100 round magazine). But the default shotgun is just bad.

Handgun -> Punisher -> Red 9

Both the handgun and the Punisher are too weak, IMO. So I never upgraded the handgun, collected all 15 emblems, sold the handgun and took the Punisher. The 1.1 firepower compared to the handgun's 1.0 doesn't make that much of a difference, but being able to hit two opponents with one shot does. Still, I also never upgraded the Punisher and instead bought the Red 9 first chance I got because you want to make every shot you fire do the most amount of damage possible.

Easy village battle

The first battle in the village can be made a whole lot easier. Run around the village to trigger all the Ganados so they follow you. Then run into the house that has only one entrance, opposite the house where the shotgun is. Immediately turn around and shot the door once or twice to make a hole in it - DON'T DESTROY IT, though. Now move as close to the door as possible, whip out your knife, and cut all the Ganados to small pieces. You can hit them, but they can't hit you. And you can even pick up money/items through the closed door if they dropped close enough. Just make sure that it actually reads "X Take" so you don't open the door by accident. This trick/glitch/whatever can be used a few times throughout the game.

Easy El Gigante (the first one)

You'll need three hand grenades and about 40 - 50 handgun rounds. As soon as the battle starts, throw a frag grenade right at El Gigante's feet, spin around, and start running to the nearest tree. Because when you're standing behind a tree so that it's closer to El Gigante than you are, he will not attack you but rip out the tree instead. And in the meantime you can shot him with your handgun.

It takes around 15 hits with the Punisher (upgraded to 1.1 firepower by finding all 15 emblems) to make the Plaga appear after El Gigante has been hit by a hand grenade. And once you jump back off his shoulders, position yourself to throw another grenade right at his feet again. You'll have to do the grenade -> ~15 handgun rounds -> knife-cutting three times, and quite conveniently there are three trees in the arena.

Extra items and opponents

Once you defeated Del Lago and awakened in the hut at night, you can actually go back the way you came. Most of the items in the marshland area (the one with the wooden walkways) and the lake will have respawned, as will have some enemies. But if you're halfway decent at taking out Ganados with the knife and kicks and are able to conserve ammo, you'll get more ammunition than you're going to spend.

As for the three Colmillos (the Plaga-infected wolves) that will spawn in the lake area, there is a trick to them: They cannot attack you as long as you're running (walking might also work; didn't try) and using the right thumbstick to look up. Using that trick I lured the Colmillos back to the jetty, got into the boat, and killed them with the harpoons. The same trick works back at the church; instead of fighting them, just run past them to the church doors and enter. And don't worry, they'll be gone once you come back out with Ashley.

And even if you don't want to go all the way back, you might at least consider taking the boat back to the shore you came from. You can walk into the two huts without triggering the Colmillos and pick up at least 10 handgun rounds and some cash.

On a side note, going back all the way allows you to fight El Gigante before you retrieve the round emblem you need to enter the church. You'll still have to go back again and get that emblem, but it's fun.

Returning to village and farm at night before rescuing Ashley

It's quite nice that you can do that since it allows you to kill the Ganados in those two areas and loot all the chests/barrels without having to worry about Ashley. Another reason to do that is because the Merchant in the underground passage (that connects the church with the village) will have the Red 9 for sale. Not really necessary because the only battle where you'll have the Red 9 earlier than usual is the one when coming out of the church with Ashley. And all you have to do there is to shoot the wagon with the barrels and maybe finish one or two Ganados.