Resident Evil 4 Is NOT HD!

I've just bought and played RE4 and I am VERY disappointed with the visuals.

I'm generally not a very graphics-centered person. But when a game is released that is advertised as "HD", and it's not, it bothers me.

I spent $20 on a straight Gamecube port.

Don't get me wrong. RE4 is a good game. But I can't help but feel cheated.

Anyone feel the same?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

HD=/=retextured

Its definatly HD. Compaire this version to the gamecube/Ps2 version on an HD tv you will see the difference.

Perhaps your not using an HD tv or cables?

Then if you play Code Veronica, you're gonna be stark, raving mad.

I'm using an HDMI cable. Gold.

I don't care what anyone says. RE4 on XBL is NOT HD!

I'm not really sure what you were expecting here. Resident Evil 4 to look like Resident Evil 5? I plan on getting this after I've played through everything that releases this fall. Maybe I'll get to it by late November. I expect it to look slightly better than the PS2 version that I played through several times.

I've played the PS2 and Gamecube one several times each. I was going to buy it for 360 until I read this. I thought they re-did all the graphics to make it nice and crisp looking, but I guess not? The PS2 game looks grainy/fuzzy/no depth on my TV, and I'd be pissed if the 360 one looked the same. :(

You people should have had more realistic expectations

Im getting it regardless... it is resi 4 after all

I get it when I get a bigger HDD.

Sorry you feel cheated, but by HD they mean the internal resolution is scaled to an HD resolution. For instance, the game may natively be 528x365, but the console upscales it to 1280x720 or 1920x1080. This isn't native HD, so you are right it's not true HD. However, long as the game is being output or scaled to an HD resolution it's considered an HD title. I figured  just about everyone knew this by now.