Required to signin when playing games on disc

Can someone please help me out - I've searched the web and can't seem to get any answers on this.

What I want to know is how can you play games (on disk) when there is no internet connection ? - it seems every time I want to play a game (Forza 5 for example) the xbox prompts me to login ? - if I have the disk in then shouldn't it just play the game and not required the internet?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

They will tell you it's for update and patch purposes.  I think it's for credentials checking and to hinder pirating and the used game market.  Either way, the EULA in games for years now has been quite blunt: you do not own the game, you merely lease the ability to play it and can be denied that ability at any time by the console makers and game producers.  I'm actually here on the forums to complain about the fact that my new game needs a 1 gb "patch" AND needs to be "installed" to HDD before I can play it...so now I get to wait for 230-45 minutes while all that happens...which is a blessing because it gives me enough time to come to these forums and vent my anger at Microsoft for choosing to ram delays down my throat.  It's funny, but I thought I bought a console so I wouldn't need to download games and patches all the time like I do on my PC.  Frankly, my PC has better graphics and modability and a hundred other things which are better than my consoles, so why is the one thing I HATE about the PC the newest thing they thought would be a good idea to put into my console?  And also one of the few reasons I buy a console in the first place?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It's not asking you to be connected to the internet but just signed into a profile because game saves are stored under specific profiles and not just on the HDD.  Very few games require active internet to play offline, The bonus game for Hitman Absolution being the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

Sorry this didn't help.

I disabled the wifi on the xbox (xbox one btw, sorry I realize this may be the wrong category) and it then complained about no internet connection.....so I suppose it must need a local profile? , not sure I can do that though?....seems odd that it needs a connection. ...how do you get on if no connection is available?

Thanks for your prompt response.

Sorry this didn't help.

Why would you disable the WiFi?

Sorry this didn't help.

I disabled the wifi to test if I could still play games with no connection. ..but no luck

Sorry this didn't help.