Requested Features and Changes Thread (Post your ideas here!)

Similar thread on official forums over here: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/27913229/Duels2012__Requested_Features_and_Changes_Thread_(Post_your_ideas_here!)?pg=1

Use this post to post ideas/suggestions only not bugs.

Take the game from a decent multiplayer experience to a must have great experience:

1. Throwout the xbox "trueskill" ranking system, it's simply not fun. Why not simply use DCI, makes transition to real magic or mtgo easier as well. Standardize (do add explanation on how DCI works).

2. Replace FFA ranked/unranked with 1v1, 1v1v1 and 1v1v1v1.

3. When you finish your match drop back to the match option you had choosen before. It's very annoying having to go through all the menu options again to start your next 1v1 (why in the world does it drop back to campaign).

3. Add best of 3 and best of 5 ladders or make all ranked matches best of 3 or best of 5.

4. Remove visibility of decks in ranked, make it optional in unranked.

5. Add statistics in the ranking such as: games played - won - loss - disconnected - favorite deck (makes it fun to browse rankings).

6. Add a match making server and do away with the lobby system (i.e. connect to match making server -> check open nat settings -> reserve slot
-> match 2 slots (this also fixes the multiple players connect to same session issue) -> send people to start screen (match peer to peer?) -> select decks (countdown 30 seconds) -> players press ready or if countdown timer expires -> roll dice for starting player -> match starts normally -> end of match results are send back to ranking servers (first result reported counts to counter disconnects on purpose).

7. Add 60 card Deck headsup mode with rankings (format name: Copy Cat), pure same deck versus deck; i.e. play Ancient Depths and your opponent will too; personally I love playing against the same deck seeing how others use it and how I match up against them, who has the better build?

8. Ability to save deck builds (multiple builds of the same deck).

9. Ability to tweak land ratio (i.e. would love to build full ramp with Ancients Depths but would like to drop about 4 land from the deck in order to ramp the lands and keep drawing utility/creatures once land is in place). I assume the number of lands are now controlled by percentages, i'd love to lower or raise those percentages (with option to revert back to default).

10. Option to put in stops as in MTGO, too often the game puts me in battle when I wanted to play something before it and too often the other player his turn ends before I was able to cast an instant (using reserved mana that wasnt needed for example). Leave defaults as is, just add option so people familiar with what they are choosing will be able to.

11. Option to choose which lands to use, too often you are stuck with enough mana but unable to play the card you had planned on because of cpu deciding to use the lands you needed. Leave defaults as is, just add option so people familiar with what they are choosing will be able to.

12. Add some movies about MTGO and FFN and stuff as advertising about the real thing.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

i have a flew ideas for xbox360 can someone write me back to see if im in the right place...

These are all good ideas.

Player stats would make a lot of trash talkers shut up. Best of 3 or 5 should have been in the first version of the game, and the TrueSkill ranking system has to be the most egregious match making system ever created. The only problem with best of 3 or best of 5 is that so many of the decks are gimmick decks and if you don't get your uber draw you have to hope on them getting mana screwed. Not enough of the decks have counters or multiple ways of winning, and those that do, like Jace, are almost unfair to play. I'd like to see each deck have 2 or 3 different viable builds instead of each one pretty much having to be played the same way no matter how you build it. I like how they put a little zombies and graveyard manipulation, a little control, and a little discard in the new black deck, but you can't really make it a zombie deck, or a control deck, or a discard deck. It's the closest to being a multi-faceted deck imo, but there isn't enough variety to make it that way. Or take Chandra. Giving you the option to build a Ponzu style creature deck or an actual burn deck would add more variety too. And Cloudburst needs help. Great idea, poor execution.

being able to change the quantity of a card in a deck, way too many times do I find myself wondering why I have 4 of a card that I dont really need 4 of and only one of a card I need for my play style.

10. Option to put in stops as in MTGO, too often the game puts me in battle when I wanted to play something before it and too often the other player his turn ends before I was able to cast an instant (using reserved mana that wasnt needed for example). Leave defaults as is, just add option so people familiar with what they are choosing will be able to.

11. Option to choose which lands to use, too often you are stuck with enough mana but unable to play the card you had planned on because of cpu deciding to use the lands you needed. Leave defaults as is, just add option so people familiar

with what they are choosing will be able to.

Great ideas ^

Auto tapping land was an issue in DotP and surprisingly, it was still an issue in 2012.

1. Make the ability to tap lands an OPTION you have to turn on.

2. If the option is on and you’re playing a mono deck, the game will play like it does now.

3. While the option is on, the game should auto tap the required colors in the spell being cast and if you only have one color of land remaining, the game should auto tap the rest as well.

I’ve played DotP and 2012 for countless hours with my wife, mostly 2HD. We have hit this problem enough times, it’s really getting annoying. The excuse that it will make the game longer… It will, but not by much. I believe the fun and strategy of being able to pick which lands tap will far overshadow the extra few minutes to finish each game. I’ve played games online where 1 or 2 of my opponents either walk away from their controller or they are just sitting there, not playing anything in hopes that I get bored and quit (I play for fun and only when I have nothing but time). The game has a timer that will eventually move the game along. That same timer doesn’t have to change. If you don’t play what you wanted to in the allotted time, oh well.

Here is what we really need  a true deck editor #2 EDH format #3dual land cards for multi colored decks not just teramorphic expanse #4 the planeswalkers themselves.

I posted my idea to community.wizards.com/.../27913229 under kenshi0210 but same thing I will say on here is I hope they eventually make it possible to create your own custom decks out of the cards you have in all decks opening new ideas to different possiblity's of combo's  and decks countering so forth.  Some say it would be op but i disagree. I think if one thinks up a good strategy they can counter all decks made that way and it would make the game tons more fun.  That is why i love the game irl is the fact i can do that but seeing these games on here end up with forcing pre made decks on you i found a bit disappointing.  

I know how some would still complain so that is why they should also make it an option for those hosting the room letting them choose whether to allow use of those custom made decks to be used in their match online or local.  anywho that is my suggestion to it all