Similar thread on official forums over here: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/27913229/Duels2012__Requested_Features_and_Changes_Thread_(Post_your_ideas_here!)?pg=1
Use this post to post ideas/suggestions only not bugs.
Take the game from a decent multiplayer experience to a must have great experience:
1. Throwout the xbox "trueskill" ranking system, it's simply not fun. Why not simply use DCI, makes transition to real magic or mtgo easier as well. Standardize (do add explanation on how DCI works).
2. Replace FFA ranked/unranked with 1v1, 1v1v1 and 1v1v1v1.
3. When you finish your match drop back to the match option you had choosen before. It's very annoying having to go through all the menu options again to start your next 1v1 (why in the world does it drop back to campaign).
3. Add best of 3 and best of 5 ladders or make all ranked matches best of 3 or best of 5.
4. Remove visibility of decks in ranked, make it optional in unranked.
5. Add statistics in the ranking such as: games played - won - loss - disconnected - favorite deck (makes it fun to browse rankings).
6. Add a match making server and do away with the lobby system (i.e. connect to match making server -> check open nat settings -> reserve slot
-> match 2 slots (this also fixes the multiple players connect to same session issue) -> send people to start screen (match peer to peer?) -> select decks (countdown 30 seconds) -> players press ready or if countdown timer expires -> roll dice for starting player -> match starts normally -> end of match results are send back to ranking servers (first result reported counts to counter disconnects on purpose).
7. Add 60 card Deck headsup mode with rankings (format name: Copy Cat), pure same deck versus deck; i.e. play Ancient Depths and your opponent will too; personally I love playing against the same deck seeing how others use it and how I match up against them, who has the better build?
8. Ability to save deck builds (multiple builds of the same deck).
9. Ability to tweak land ratio (i.e. would love to build full ramp with Ancients Depths but would like to drop about 4 land from the deck in order to ramp the lands and keep drawing utility/creatures once land is in place). I assume the number of lands are now controlled by percentages, i'd love to lower or raise those percentages (with option to revert back to default).
10. Option to put in stops as in MTGO, too often the game puts me in battle when I wanted to play something before it and too often the other player his turn ends before I was able to cast an instant (using reserved mana that wasnt needed for example). Leave defaults as is, just add option so people familiar with what they are choosing will be able to.
11. Option to choose which lands to use, too often you are stuck with enough mana but unable to play the card you had planned on because of cpu deciding to use the lands you needed. Leave defaults as is, just add option so people familiar with what they are choosing will be able to.
12. Add some movies about MTGO and FFN and stuff as advertising about the real thing.