reporting people for disconnecting from a multi[player game in progress

well hi everyone, i had a RATHER UPSETTING notification whilst playing gears of war3  which stated i have outstanding GAME violations which will be removed once i level up and it was apparent to my partner that i must of quit a game in session early or said something awful to someone else.  Now i understand that some people quit a game in session simply because they do not like the map they have been landed with and yeh its wrong to just quit but some people have a genuine reason to stop playing like 

1,wi fi  signal loss forcing x box live to shut down (VERY COMMON IN SOME AREAS)

2. your child starts crying and u have to go to them only to return to a message that states you have been removed from the session for being idle ????? (have i been reported cos im sure i have at some point??)

3. an emergency happens and you have to stop playing.

it is also possible that genuine nice guy that gets his butt wiped all overthe floor by a really good player may from time to time shout out a naughty word or too more in frustration at themselves rather than the actual other player.

now after thinking long and hard i reckon there should also be a screen that you can actually go too to compliment a player and help their rep and some way in which we can fight back against the bad tempered people who report you for the most stupid things, i myself try not to swear or dissrespect anyone and never quit a game unless i absolutely have no other choice but yet i gaurentee that some little stress ball will report you for coughing too loud down the mic and it being heard forcing your rep to be tainted without anyway of defending yourself.

I AM A GOOD PERSON BUT ASK THAT XBOX REVIEW HOW THEIR REPORTING PROCESS IS HANDLED TO GIVE THE INNOCENT GUY A BIT OF A BREAK, TO ALLOW US TO COMPLIMENT OTHER PLAYERS AND A BETTER LIST OF EXACT VIOLATIONS SO WE CAN MONITOR TRENDS BETTER ETC AND LEARN HOW TO DEAL WITH THIS ISSUE BETTER.

IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT IM GOING ON ABOUT, X BOX LIVE IS SUPPOSED TO BE A COMMUNITY WHICH DEVELOPES AND GROWS SO MICROSOFT PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

I'm not quite sure what the "notification" is exactly? But regardless, any Enforcement by Xbox LIVE is done by the Xbox LIVE Policy Enforcement Team. They don't "send out" any Notifications, other then the actual Ban itself. It's a Dashboard Message as well, not from any User (like a Message).

This being said, they Review every Filed Complaint if it is Accurate or not. Quitting Games is not in any Violation of the Terms of Use/ Code of Conduct. They won't do anything even if you quit 100% of the time. Epic Games on the other hand might do something for Excessive Quits. I don't know about Epic Games on GoW3 but Bungie had something similar on halo Reach/ Halo 3.

What exactly was the "notification"? If it came from any User, it's false and not true. Nothing will come from people Filing False Complaints. Other then them maybe getting Suspended for it. In short, if you did nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about regardless of the number of people Filing False Complaints.

play public matches on GoW3, it works just like CoD you can join and leave matches early without the worry of point deduction or anything, but you get a loss on your record for quitting and thats it

Halo Reach gives you extra credits for not quiting the game, but I am not aware of any penalties for quitting a game.

[quote user="NadoHawk6"]

Halo Reach gives you extra credits for not quiting the game, but I am not aware of any penalties for quitting a game.

[/quote]

Quit ban is the penalty that people get when they quit out of to many games.

I have to agree with you in regards to legitimate reasons for quitting. Sometimes life gets in the way. Some people have responsibilities that outway finishing a game in progress.

Some people take gaming WAY too serious.

I agree with you too. A lot of gamers are parents who have to tend to their kids.

But it would be nice  though, if the "review system" could be changed to something that actually works and let you compliment people just as much, as critize them.

Everyone hates to leave a game, if they don't want to, but in my experience game producers don't always allow us to do it in a way, that respects the other players e.g. the "Battlefield" series in general is very bad at handling this, where you are forced into a map you don't want to play and then, when you have been annoyed waiting for the loading, all players who didn't want to play the map in question just leave and the rest have to wait for the map to fill again. Things like that could be made better..  

Totally agree with the bf3 comment. It forces you to quit in game. Surely this has to be addressed at some point.

dude idk if i got suspened or what but i can not get on line for halo 3 but i can any other game what can i do i want to get my halo on!

Your bio should get you an xbox live suspension not just halo.

Sometimes you have to, if you get lag... I do it sometimes, when I clearly shoot someone in the back of the head twice with a Active Reloaded Gnasher, that's buttoned up in a corner & they turn around & kill me... So I back out to the main menu & refresh a new Party Session...  It just stuffs up your kill ratio, if you stay in laggy games & the CoC also states;

•Don't intentionally play with someone who is using unauthorized software or methods to help inflate your game rank or gamerscore.

So if you see someone, that is known to mod, you back out...