Report - Next Xbox Debuting in 2012 At E3

Microsoft's successor to the Xbox 360 will be revealed at E3 2012 and developer Crytek is making a next-generation Timesplitters 4, according to sources speaking to Videogamer.comA "high-ranking industry source at Crytek" told the website that while specifications for the next console have not been finalized, Crytek is using Microsoft's DirectX 11 for next-gen development. The source says Microsoft will announce the new Xbox in the next year, likely at E3 2012. 

"Crytek believes that Microsoft will announce and launch its new machine ahead of rival Sony, though the developer is also investing resources into next-generation PlayStation development." 
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/117/1176197p1.html

Other News : 

Windows 8 to Feature Xbox Live Integration When Microsoft unveiled the new Xbox Live dashboard at their E3 conference, one thing I couldn't help but notice was the similarity in the UI with that of the Windows Phone 7 devices and, in turn, the recently revealed Windows 8 interface. It turns out that Xbox Live and Windows 8 have more in common than we thought, as the two are destined for coexistence on your Microsoft PC or tablet. 

Windows 8

New xbox Dashaboard

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I told you mofos this... Get a windows pc

All we can do is speculate.  None of us can be sure, though some of you seem quite confident when it will happen.  All in all, we don't have any clue when it will happen.  All I can say that is if TS4 is going to be a launch title, the sooner the better.  I was going to delay purchasing the new console this time around, but if that means I can get a new Timesplitters, it's a day one purchase for me.

[quote user="Aegis of Sparta"]

Everything else is irrelevant. Timesplitters 4 will be the best thing since cheese and chocolate milk.

[/quote]

It will be the greatest thing any of us have ever seen!  lol.

[quote user="xEnvoy of Chaos"]

So then Timesplitters 4 will be an Xbox exclusive? Where the previous titles exclusive? Well it seems MS will fall about a year short of their goal of making the 360 last till 2015.

[/quote]

Nah, if the report if is true, they are working on it for the next Playstation and the next Xbox.  Timesplitters was a PS2 exclusive.  The other two came out on all 3 consoles.

I think that Microsoft will announce the next Xbox at the 2012 E3 for release late 2013. Coupled with a price cut (probably $50) for the Xbox 360 and Kinect bundles to drive sales of the Xbox 360 and take the gloss of the impending Wii U launch. With another $50 price cut before the launch of the next gen Xbox. I think the Xbox 360 will be supported until about 2015 in parallel with the new console.  I am expecting the next Xbox to be an evolution of the current console. Faster CPU/GPU with about 2.5GB ram and about 500 GB hard drive. Will likely use USB 3 for lag free Kinect connection. If Microsoft are smart they will ensure all current games and peripherals are compatible so the upgrade cost will be relatively low for current gamers. I would like to see a blu-ray drive but I think that as Microsoft has been pretty negative about blu-ray I think they will use a proprietary disk, like the Wii U is doing, but with about 40 to 50 GB capacity per disk.  With a Gears of War game, Halo game, COD and Battlefield 4 as launch titles. Thats my take anyway!

So then Timesplitters 4 will be an Xbox exclusive? Where the previous titles exclusive? Well it seems MS will fall about a year short of their goal of making the 360 last till 2015.

It's going to be a few more years till we see a new console from Microsoft.

Yeah, I think it will be a 2014 release. But I hope to see Timesplitters 4 on the Xbox 360.

[quote user="The Operator"]

[quote user="UsualKillerThug"]

Timesplitters 4

[/quote]

OMG.

I don't care about the rest.

[/quote]

Lol, you read my mind.

Anyway, I've been known to say a late 2012 announcement with a 2013 - 2014 holiday release so this wouldn't shock me if it did happen. We also have Epic with their "next gen" engine in 2012, in their own words, is for next gen hardware.

We'll see.

[quote user="The Operator"]

[quote user="UsualKillerThug"]

Timesplitters 4

[/quote]

OMG.

I don't care about the rest.

[/quote]

Everything else is irrelevant. Timesplitters 4 will be the best thing since cheese and chocolate milk.

[quote user="Covert Affairs"]

I still don't see why people bring up Kinect in threads that have nothing to do with it. O wait their >censor<

[/quote]

cuz MS said you would be able to use kinect on windows 8 on PC's

is just a rumor...although i would like to play TS in 360.