Replaced Hard Drive, No Longer Able to Use Online Passes

Recently my Xbox 360 hard drive broke, and today a 250GB replacement I had order arrived in the post. I put it in and it seems to be working perfectly, and I managed to download my profile without any hassle. However, whilst my profile still retains all my game data such as achievements, awards, etc. it no longer remembers the online passes I had for games. I now have a number of games such as Battlefield 3 and Call of Duty: Black Ops II that I had to use an online pass to access the multiplayer online content, however these online passes are no longer accepted as I had used them previously. What are my options for gaining access to my games again? It seems unfair if I have to purchase new codes, as the hard drive broke through no human fault and couldn't be helped.

Thanks for reading, I'm hoping someone can help!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hi, have you used the license transfer tool to migrate all of your licenses to your new hard drive yet?  

You can find the instructions to do so here: support.xbox.com/.../download-content

But basically, you'll want to sign in on your console with your gamertag, go to system settings, and then account.  Go to "Your Billing Options", select license transfer, follow the instructions it gives you on the xbox, and then download all the content again once the license transfer process has completed.  

Please note that you can only transfer licenses once every 90 days, so please keep this in mind when performing a license transfer.

Hope that helps out!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Licenses are tied to the console, not the hard drive. If the hard drive was all that was changed, then a license transfer shouldn't be necessary.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for your help, the license transfers worked perfectly! Unfortunately I have a limited internet at home so I can't redownload everything or the bill would be insane haha, but I've managed to get all my online passes back, so the add-ons will just have to wait I'm afraid. Thanks again for the help!

Sorry this didn't help.

I purchased a used hard drive and transferred my games to it and now i cannot get on multi player any help?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Rub! This thread is over a year old, so the information here may be a bit outdated.

I suggest making a new thread detailing any issues you're seeing as well as any troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. That way, support and responses can be tailored specifically to you! =)

Sorry this didn't help.