Rental films - am unable to play them

I am an xbox newbie, so please bare with me...

I have purchased the xbox slim, with 4gb, and have added a generic non Microsoft 250gb hard drive to it.

I decided after to download for rent, a film, in HD, onto my 250gb hard drive....all appeared to download ok...I have downloaded game trailers previously, and all played back fine.

My question is...how the HELL do I play a rental movie on my xbox....I can see the file listed as having downloaded, but there is no option to actually PLAY it!!!

If I then go into "xbox settings", and then "memory" ...I can fine the film I have downloaded...but theres an orange circular icon with an exclamation mark on it saying "incomplete".....Am I doing something wrong????? Or IS this problem due to the fact that I have a non Microsoft drive installed???

Any ideas at all would be welcome, as currently it appears I have wasted 500 odd points on a movie rental which will expire before I get the thing to work!!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

First of all, using a non-MS HDD in your console is against the Terms of Use of Xbox LIVE. Anything you download to or try to access from this HDD is not supported. Please get a proper HDD and try again.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.