RENT A SERVER crap in BF3 is really disappointing?

The servers are overrun by people with this RENT A SERVER junk (imo) and the games are now almost an hour long.. Why cant I find any bf3 REGULAR servers?, cuz even the OFFICIAL servers (DICE) are being copied by the guy to draw people in just to find out its yet again 800 tickets...The game is ruined because noone seems to want to drop the ticket count to a reasonable amount.... Now I gotta wait till 5-22 for ghost recon...I hope this doesnt happen to that game...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You can always count on EA to deliver

At least they're willing to pay, I wouldn't rent a game server at their prices $1.95/day, nuts.

I agree. I have been trying different filter options with no luck. They need a filter option for the tickets and that would solve the issue right away. 200-300 tickets or 400-500 tickets. Something like that would help a lot.    So far I have saved 2 servers out of the 50+ servers I have landed in.   Is there a way to block servers?  Its just overwhelming trying to get through these servers to find a good one.

[quote user="Bunionz"]Now I gotta wait till 5-22 for ghost recon...I hope this doesnt happen to that game...[/quote]

It would appear that Ghost Recon is going to be a P2P game, just like Call of Duty.

It's also set up as a 6v6 game.

From what I've been observing, the competitive multiplayer seems to be alright. I'm just more worried about the co-op.

What are these tickets you speak of? I don't own BF3 but I have played it at a friends and never saw them.

Someone needs to take a look at Steam, no one complains about their user-based servers. And they offer diversity because all/most servers are provided by numerous external parties.  THIS is how player-ran servers should be run.

CSS/TF2/L4D etc..

[quote user="NoxiousFarts"]

What are these tickets you speak of? I don't own BF3 but I have played it at a friends and never saw them.

[/quote]

Conquest mode. Usually the tickets start at 250 per side.   As a team takes over the objectives, the tickets count down for the other team. Once that team hits 0, game over. Those 250 ticket games can be about 10-20 minutes depending on how good the teams are.   So now imagine 1,000 tickets or higher.   I have been in some of those games and its easily 2 1/2 - 3 hours!     The bad part is there is no way to tell what the tickets are set at until you join the server and spawn. Then look to the lower left only to see 1,000.  Uhhggg.  Then leave and try to find another one.  There is no easy way to find the tickets. 

While I still think EA renting servers so users can play a private match is shady business (or typical EA style), I've found the actual use of the servers to be just as enjoyable as before, sometimes more so.

I'm not sure how effective they are, but most of the private servers I've played in on my PS3 copy have been pretty solid; seemed like before the option to rent a server existed, BF3 was turning into a complete(ly broken) camp fest, with the few teamates not camping running around spamming USAS with frag rounds.

I see that much less on BF3 now, maybe individual server renters are kicking such players? Most servers I've been put into usually have warnings to that effect on their server messages.

In any case, though I dislike the notion of paying even more for private play, the results so far have been pretty decent; unless like the OP you hate the inflated tickect counts...

Yes forcing players to pay for servers is shady but typical for EA.  The bad news is since this was supported by so many people, it will start happening with more and more games.   The great news is that we get to play on those servers for free.So if someone wants to pay to make one, hey thats fine with me.  :)

Yup some of the servers restrict explosive round shotguns or kick for spawn killing, or have more vehicles, or less spawn time.  One of the servers had 4 or 5 objectives on Wake Island instead of the default 3. That was a blast!  But I forgot to save that server and cant find it.  But the maps that have those custom options are very fun.  Otherwise you could get a bunch of people spamming the explosive round shotgun which is just sad.

I just wish we had a better way to filter them as I mentioned above.

I am personally LOVING these high ticket, hour long games. They are so awesome especially if its a good battle and the teams are even.