Remove jets from conquest

Yeah I said it!

Firestorm, Caspian, and Kharg tend to play out as a low kill flag-cap-a-thon, and they would benefit from having 4 additional players on the ground.  Jets generally spend the entire match fighting each other, which I admit is a lot of fun, and don't really influence the outcome of the game.  When on the ground I have never ever been killed by a jet, and I'm a lvl 41 who has played these maps many times.  Even when I fly the chopper, which I often do, I rarely get shot at by jets, which is the most useful thing a jet can do.  Does anyone have any examples of jets that did more than kill other jets and the occasional chopper in a match?

Any thoughts?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Meh.

Jets can be really useful, but it is rare. Since I have practice from previous BF games I can usually destroy choppers or disable tanks. Haven't got as good at shooting infantry like I could in 1942 or 1943 yet, but I hope it will come.

Usually though, yes it does make the game slower. I think 1 jet per side would be better.

jets sux

Its there for a fun factor I enjoy fooling around with them its fun.

Keep the jets it makes it alot better to cap the flags.i love it when half the team is in the air and when we have all the flags.they come running to get the flags back on the ground and tanks funny.buy then if you have a good team you can just knock them off one at a time and a lot of mine kills.later guys

I've been killed by a Jet in a Tank and I've shot down a chopper (or two but no kills and only bail-outs) with a Jet but I think for the most part with Players is they aren't experienced enough with them. Given a little while longer jets will make an impact on the ground as well.

[quote user="Turv3y"]

[/quote]

It's not fun when half of your team camps on the runway for a Jet.

Thats the way they want to play so be it.  Find another server,  They paid $60 to play the way they want...sure I find it annoying too but I move on.

[quote user="Wh1t35hadow"]

[quote user="Turv3y"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

This is not exactly accurate. You don't need to "camp" the runway for a Jet, at least Dice fixed that. All one has to to do is Spawn directly into most Vehicles as they appear. Go by any runway and you'll only find (maybe) 1 person waiting who doesn't know better.

[quote user="LostKauz"]

[quote user="Wh1t35hadow"]

[quote user="Turv3y"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

This is not exactly accurate. You don't need to "camp" the runway for a Jet, at least Dice fixed that. All one has to to do is Spawn directly into most Vehicles as they appear. Go by any runway and you'll only find (maybe) 1 person waiting who doesn't know better.

[/quote]

My comment was 100% accurate.