Remotely turn on XBOX One from Windows 10 but NOT the TV?

Hi All,

Is there some setting I am missing in the Windows 10 XBOX App that allows you to turn your XBOX One on remotely but NOT the TV (and AV Receiver)?  If so, I am not finding it.  I am hating the fact that every time I turn on the XBOX from the XBOX App on Windows 10 I have to run all the way downstairs to turn off the TV and AV Receiver because the XBOX One is still telling them to turn on even though they don't need to.  It seems like a pretty simple thing that Microsoft would have just included in their coding of the XBOX that if you turn it on remotely, it doesn't send the commands to the Kinect to also turn on the TV and other devices.  Super annoying...

Also, anyway to stream the sound via Dolby Digital or some other surround sound format?  Seems like right now the sound is streamed in Stereo only.

Thanks! 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

Hey,

This features is actually not part of the Xbox App. However, If you want to turn on the TV at the same time as your Xbox you can. The way you would is by setting up the TV with the Xbox One. You can do this by going to the TV app. Once you have setup everything and TV information. Every time you turn on the Xbox it will send a signal to the TV after a few seconds and turn on. When you trun the Xbox off then the TV will turn of with it. You can find out more here: support.xbox.com/.../set-up-live-tv

Alliance United

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Otakuon, that's a good idea to put that feature in.  Post on the feedback website about this, and you never know, Microsoft just might put that feature in.  Here is the link http://feedback.xbox.com

Xbox Ambassador.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.