Remakes. Best, Worst, Most Wanted?

A lot of questions. A lot of topics. I guess what seems to be the reason I thought I'd create this topic was first my pondering of the crappiest remakes. I was thinking about all the remakes released in the past years on the handheld systems. They seem to be a hub for all things old still with interest. It's nice to see some of the classics accessible again on a handheld (OoT), but I remember when the Game Boy Advance first came out--Every other game released was some sort of remake. And crappy sub-quality ports with inferior music and sound. Those were the worst. And secondly, a recent thread caught my eye about a possible Final Fantasy HD Collection for future development. That would be towards the top of my most wanted list for a remake. Anyway, like the title says, what's your opinions on the best, worst and most wanted remakes of all time?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I really would like this remakes to 360 :

Ogre battle (not tactics) although tactic was great.

Thief trilogy

The Warriors remake

I would love to get:

-(any) Final Fantasy ported in HD

-Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2 ported in HD

-(any) Fatal Frame ported in HD

-(any) Onimusha ported in HD

A grand theft auto 3,VC and SA Remake would be heaven.

FarCry Intincts Predator with either FarCry 2 or 3 graphics. I'd pay full price fot that.

One of the lamest ports I've seen was StarCraft for the N64.

Horrible.

I agree Starcraft 64 was one of the worst remakes ever made.

@Bad Insticts- If you like Ogre Battle so much you should visit the site in my sig. It's one of our contest games for July, just have to beat it. No roms and free, just an fyi.

SECRET OF MANA should be remade in HD and have achievements.

[quote user="UnyoBro"]

I agree Starcraft 64 was one of the worst remakes ever made.

@Bad Insticts- If you like Ogre Battle so much you should visit the site in my sig. It's one of our contest games for July, just have to beat it. No roms and free, just an fyi.

[/quote]thanks , i'll check it out. I bought both Ogre Battle version, the original and the PS 1  remake that made unit movement more faster.

THe new Metal Gear Solid Remakes look AwSEOME!!!!!!! I cant wait for those. MGS was one of those games where the revolutionary AI (at the time) actualy thought for themselves. CAnt wait to hide under a box again. haha

I'de like to see Resident Evil Zero on something other than a dead Gamecube.

also Flashback and Fade to Black.