Region locked games

I recently bought the new Painkiller: Hell and Damnation off e-bay from someone in the U.K. The game was not released in the U.S. which is where I live. I was wondering does anyone know if I will be able to play this on my U.S. console? I can't find a definitive answer. Would there be a region lock on any game unreleased in the U.S.? Or even better if someone knows if this game in particular would work. Thanks.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You cant play a game if the console and game's region code is not the same.

As above, PAL games won't run on your NTSC 360. You can get the game for your region from Play-Asia.

Both the above are wrong a large percentage of 360 games are region free and will work. Many updated lists are available just Google search. EA games tend to be locked but a suprisingly large amount are not. Oh and i would use other sites for information in future as this site falls way short in that department. It tends to be more opinion here than actual information anymore.

[quote user="W1LD SEVEN"]

Both the above are wrong a large percentage of 360 games are region free and will work. Many updated lists are available just Google search. EA games tend to be locked but a suprisingly large amount are not. Oh and i would use other sites for information in future as this site falls way short in that department. It tends to be more opinion here than actual information anymore.

[/quote]

If a game was released to a specific region, like the OP has said, then it WILL BE region locked.  And the percentage of region locked games is NOT "large" Considering there are games you have never even heard of that have been released to other regions, that are not available in other regions.

And if you dont like the CORRECT information you will find on the forums, then why do you come here?

Hi Random

Was the game not released in the US on 30/08/13?

The guys above are correct (apart from the guy trying to tell you that UK games will work on your US XBox).

It's very rare that an XBox 360 game is NOT region locked.

Hope you can grab a US copy soon.

Az

[quote user="TOTALLY RAND0M"]

I recently bought the new Painkiller: Hell and Damnation off e-bay from someone in the U.K. The game was not released in the U.S. which is where I live. I was wondering does anyone know if I will be able to play this on my U.S. console? I can't find a definitive answer. Would there be a region lock on any game unreleased in the U.S.? Or even better if someone knows if this game in particular would work. Thanks.

[/quote]

depends if the dev locked the game. took a load of 360 games to florida when I visited my family out there. I live in the uk and most my games worked on my cousins us xbox. it was mostly ea and ubisoft games that were locked

Yea, not ALL games are region locked. But that number is maybe 10-15 percent (at most) of the total number of games released worldwide, which isnt really a "large percentage" as the other guy said. And there are tons of games out there i have never even heard of because they are only released in certain regions.

I usually refers to Play-Asia. Their info are pretty accurate and up to date.

-

www.play-asia.com/paOS-14-71-fc-49-en.html

Another reason why I also bought a PS3 and another good move by Microsoft by removing region locked games from the Xbox ONE.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

[quote user="Shigurui"]

As above, PAL games won't run on your NTSC 360. You can get the game for your region from Play-Asia.

[/quote]

Ive often wondered about this, the CD itself shouldnt care if its PAL or NTSC, the 360 does that translation as part of presentation (so either have a 360 that outputs the image as analog PAL or NTSC). I recognize that games are often region locked, but I dont believe this is the reason.