Region error

I made my Xbox Live account some time ago, and for some reason, even though I am listed as living in Australia, I am receiving U.K offers and all payment options for me are in British Pounds (£).

This doesn't concern me too much, but will the content I buy still be available to me when I buy it? For example, when I start up my Xbox, there is an offer for 2 months of Xbox Live for £2 (2 Pounds), is this offer available in Australia, and will the purchase be valid due to my region?

If you can help, but can't understand what I mean by this, send me a message and hopefully I can explain in further detail.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

If you sign into https://billing.microsoft.com and check your personal information it will show you what region your account is in. Although it sounds like you may have entered the wrong region when you created the account and this can't be changed.

Offers like that may be available in Australia, but if your account is set for the UK and you try purchasing with an Australian credit card it won't work. The card would have to match the same region as your account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

What if I buy a card from a shop? Would that work, or not?

Sorry this didn't help.

Points cards won't work, but Live cards should. The only problem is, if you've never entered your address, it may ask for that information when you first try to redeem a card. If the address doesn't match your region then it won't let you continue.

Sorry this didn't help.