Region change made in error...

Account region: US
Physical region: US
Internet Service Provider (ISP): comcast
Content you are trying to download: Any martkeplace item

About a month ago while deployed in Afghanistan, there was a service alert which was preventing me from signing on. in a troubleshooting attempt, i changed my 360 console region to Afghanistan in an effort to resolve the issue. This did not fix the problem. The problem fixed itself over time once the service alert was fixed. But now I can't download anything from the marketplace because naturally, Afghanistan is not a supported country.

Now when we get down to the nitty gritty of policy enforcement, I believe there is a grey area here. I am a US citizen with a US bank account with a Military APO mailing address listed as US. yes the combat zone I was deployed in was indeed Afghanistan but I never "moved" here nor was I a "resident" I live on a base that territory and property of the US. Therefore, My region change was made in error and I would like to have it changed back to United States ASAP so i can continue to make purchases and continue business with XBL. Everybody wins.

In short: I would like an exception to the region change 3 month cooldown rule because my region change was made in error

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Sorry to hear it.  Unfortunately no one here will be able to help you out.  This needs to be dealt with through phone support.  They may be able to do it for you if you explain the situation to them but I can't guarantee it.

If they can't you could always create a "dummy" account to purchase items until the 3 month limit is up.  

Good luck.

support.xbox.com/contact-us

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.